Thursday, August 23, 2012

Gussied Up Notebook - Melissa from Melly Sews

Melly Sews is an adorable blog with adorable ideas from an adorable person.  I first came upon Melissa's blog when I saw her compete on Project Run and Play.  She's got awesome ideas and super fun style.  
***

Hi bugaboo, mini, mr & me readers!
I'm Melissa, 
and I blog over at Melly Sews
I'm also the author of Blank Slate Basics
My latest endeavor is Blank Slate Patterns
where I sell PDF sewing patterns that are designed to give you a "blank-slate" so you can skip the pattern-making and go right into expressing your creativity through fabric choice and embellishments. 
I'm also mom to two boys and wife to a football coach (and a former theatre teacher myself)
Today I'm going to show you how to make a quickie gift that can be customized for anyone -a personalized and re-usable notebook cover with pen/pencil holders.
You'll need
  • a blank notebook
  • measuring tape
  • fabric -at least a fat quarter, maybe two if you want to do contrasting inside flaps
  • thread
  • sewing machine
  • iron 
  • embroidery hoop


A really cute variation on a useful idea!  I love gifts that can be used and loved forever.  Thanks, Melissa!






*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...