Monday, November 12, 2012

It's a casserole! It's a pot pie! No, IT'S SUPER DINNER!


As I'm sure you've no doubt guessed, I love me an easy, yummy casserole.  Of course I like to find new ideas for fast casseroles, but I've also got some old standby's, some childhood favorites if you will.

Like Tator Tot Casserole.  Didn't your mom make that for you?  And didn't you love it?  How could you not - tator tots are like a childhood staple.  That's the only day I didn't despise hot lunch...

However.  You've possibly also noticed that I don't make a lot of red meat dishes. (WHAT? you're thinking in a completely sarcastically shocked voice...)  It's true.  Don't get me wrong, I love a nice delicious burger every once in a while. I eat beef.  Just not super frequently.  

Now this, I'm sure you didn't know, since I've never said as much, but my kids LOVE chicken pot pie.  Which is weird, because they despise any kind of meat - poultry, pig, cow, doesn't matter - but I believe it's because there's a "pie" in the name... kind of pulls one over on them, right?

All of these things combined to get me thinking.  And when I get thinking, experiments in the kitchen happen.  Every once in a while, those experiments turn out like this:

And we call it a success, put it in the "cookbook" - aka back of my mind - and move on.

But today, because this experiment was such a hit, I'm sharing it with you!  Plus, then the recipe will actually be written down so we can attempt it again.

It's easy.  It's yummy.  It's a casserole.  It's a pot pie.  It's the best of all worlds.


My sister recently admitted to me that if something has over three ingredients it is NOT an easy recipe and she will not make it.

If you are of the same opinion, I urge you to set aside your previously ascribed to rules and just try it out.  My mom said it is now her favorite casserole, and while I fully admit that my mom is biased, I also admit that this was pretty tasty.  If you need an alternative easy dinner to slide into your rotation and get you out of a rut, this just may be what you're looking for.


I also urge you to not base your opinion on my bad phone photos.  Just sayin'.





*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...