Monday, February 28, 2011

Did you guess what today is??

Take a look at the header for a hint.


That's right!  It's my blogirthday!  Or, uh, blirthday!  Or... blog-birthday??  


BLOGIVERSARY!


One year ago to THIS VERY DAY, I started writing.  No, no, do not go back and read that post.  Well, you can if you want, but it has nothing whatever to do with my blog.  No, "Hi, how are ya?  This is me!"  Nothing like that... if you want that kind of thing, you'll have to read what should have been my first post ever.  Or maybe this post.


With all the quitting I've done in the past (and not the good kind either - not like "quit smoking" or "quit biting my nails" - neither of which I've ever done, actually...) I am honestly pleasantly surprised to still be here and still going strong!


Why am I still here?


Because of you.  I like you.


And because of me.  I kinda like me, too.  This blog has helped me to learn new things (like making a decent pie - last week excepted.  And what the heck shirring is.)  And it's helped me to become better at those things (and others - like photography and editing).  And it's definitely forced some much needed accountability on me. 


I really did need this blog.  I need to create, and I can see no better way to achieve that need at this current juncture in my life than this little blog here.  I get support, inspiration, kudos, and of course, sympathy when my head gets too big from all the support and kudos so I'm knocked down a peg or two by some enormous FAIL.  


Thanks for joining me on my creative journey.


Sooooo... do you want a birthday present?  I thought maybe.  And while I'd LOVE to give all 346 of you birthday presents, I'm still in the process of making 20-something barrettes, so let's be realistic, shall we?


One lucky comment below will win their very own BOGO (or rather MOGO) Birthday Wreath!  


Yep, just like that one EXCEPT slightly smaller and definitely more lightweight.  


What makes this baby MOGO?  (that means "Make One, Get One", by the way)  Because, of course, it is double-sided!  One color combo per side.  It's two wreaths in one!


Want to win?


OK!  


Be a follower and leave me a comment.  That's it!  


The giveaway is open until Friday.  On Friday, March 4th, I will use Random.org to pick a winner.  The winner gets to pick their color combos for a customized MOGO Birthday Wreath of their very own, to hang and enjoy.


Oh, and if you want to make one, you can find the tutorial here!


Happy birthday, bugaboo, mini, mr & me!  







*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

12 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I'm a follower! Happy Blog iversary!!! mine is coming up too. I'm off to read your first post.

-heather

Kathleen said...

Those wreaths are very cute. I am a follower already.

Ericka said...

Happy blogiversary! Please keep sharing your wonderful ideas! :D

Mindie Hilton said...

What a cute idea! I would love to hang that on my door and of course I will let everyone who ask, know where I got it. That is if I win.
Happy anniversary! Of course I am a follower.

Jill said...

Happy Blogiversary!! A year is exciting! I'm just about there too!

Caroline @ Artfully Caroline said...

Happy bloggiversary
*hugs*

The Fall Creek Chicken Coop said...

Happy Blogversary! I would have never guess you have only been around for a year!! I am a new blogger and yours is on my google reader so I don't miss a one!

Kathy Roberson said...

I became a follower today! I LOVE your blog! Happy Blogiversary!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations for having reached this year-long milestone Kimberly! I can't believe how quickly time passes, eh? My bloggy birthday is just next month too. And count me in for the giveaway. I am a follower of course.

A H said...

happy blogiversary!! I just love those wreaths! I hope I win! :)

Nici said...

Im a follower. Love your blog :)

Jessie said...

Happy Blogiversary! Very cute wreath!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...