Sunday, February 20, 2011

A run on sentence with a side of insecurity.

I was actually able to focus just a tiny bit on some snapshot-ing this week, and post-editing, which was kind of fun since I've been out of the  habit lately.  I've been contemplating starting my own little Photo Linky with a different kind of challenge (because I thought it up the other night while I was trying to sleep and I was pretty sure there wasn't another photo challenge quite like it, as far as I knew, which actually, isn't very far because I'm not really a photographer and I'm kind of just playing around when it comes to photography stuff....) (I am aware that there are several rules of grammar that sentence just broke, by the way.)  But I think I'm too scared to start it and have no one link up to it.  I don't know if my fragile blog image could withstand it.  OK, that's melodramatic, but still... Would anyone be interested in a snapshot-y linky?  I know I'm not really a photography blog...


ANYWAY.


Here're my shots for the Sunday Scavenger Hunt:







Chocolate
I shared this on a different blog earlier this week.  We like to eat these chocolate covered peppermint sticks in hot chocolate.  Yum.
Numbers
Amazingly, I took this photo with my phone, since my husband stole my camera for a while.
Canned Goods
This was an experiment of sorts in lighting.  Meh.
Music
We had a family get together for my brother's birthday today.  His wife got him an amp and he busted out his guitar to try it out.
Stack
I had fun with layers.




And for your viewing pleasure, I thought I'd give a little nod to the mr, who was very excited about his photography session this week.  The one he stole my camera for.




Yes, that's right.  mr and the Brother IL went to an auto show (an annual event for them) and I now have significantly more pictures of cars, parts of cars, inside's of cars, wheels, and blurry crowds than I will ever really need.  The one above was my favorite of mr's captures - I think it looks like a car ad, he caught the shadow and light just perfectly.


But if I were going to buy a new car today, out of all the ones mr saw, I would pick this one:




Just kidding.  I wouldn't buy that one today.  There's no way.  If I were actually going to buy a car today, I'd have to walk down the street and check out that rusted '85 Oldsmobile my neighbor is selling.  Let's be real with each other.









*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

12 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

These are wonderful - I love the first two shots...and I'm sure people would be interested in a snapshot challenge. I think there is one already, but I'd have to check my photo challenge page.

alisamm said...

I'd be interested. And yeah, if I were going to buy a car today I'd have to take a look at your neighbor's car too. Maybe we'd have to arm wrestle for it.

Quirky Homemaker said...

LOL. You're so funny. I love the shots you got! Gonna follow.
Michelle
http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

Abby said...

Wow....I love all the pictures!

Gretchen said...

Great shots... especially love those chocolate covered peppermint sticks! Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Cool pic & thanks for visiting my blog!

julie said...

Just LOVE how creative you were with your stack shot!!

Kristi said...

I love, love, love your music shot. I can imagine myself sitting and listening to that musician. All of your shots are so good!

I'm always down for a linky party!

Becky said...

Great Shots!!! Love the stack! :0)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one to have obsessive blog-related thoughts in the middle of the night!!

Your photography is great and you *should* count yourself as partly a photography blog. Really. They're FAB!

Sarahx

Brooke said...

Such great shots for this week! I love your chocolate and stack shots. The car shots are AMAZING too :D

Anonymous said...

Love the peppermint sticks. They are my favorite treats. As a kid I used to go to the office of the apartment complex we lived in and take one. I can't resist them even 23 years later...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...