Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What to do with a GABAZILLION felt circles.


I’m sure you’ve seen several of wreaths like this around craft land.  Apparently they were all the rage last year, but I’m always behind.  

I got two large straw heart wreaths from the thrift store for 25 cents each.  

YES!  25 cents!!!  I was amazed too.  I love half priced Monday!  I was thoroughly lost when it came to decorating them, though.  Lost.  Then I saw a picture for a cute wreath made out of multi-colored felt circles and fell in love.  So I took my wreaths over to my mom’s house where my sister and I cut out a gabazillion red felt circles.  We were each in charge of a wreath, and after a TON of cutting circles and pinning them in various folded and curled configurations we each ended up with one of these: 

Lise took hers home and I gave mine to my mom.  It is currently over her piano.
I know you were waiting for the Valentine’s Day wreaths.  I mean, there’s a reason my husband calls me the wreath lady.  Stay tuned for the piece de reisitance...






*Be sure to check below for all the fun parties I link to!

2 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This is beautiful!! It must have taken a lot of patience with all of those felt circles!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jennifer said...

Cute cute cute! It reminds me of the rosette wreaths that are everywhere, but it's not rosettes which makes it delightfully different :) I featured you today on my wreath round up :)

http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/02/wreath-round-up.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...