Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Very Cold Set of Pictures

Ready for Spring??  Me too.  It's a little known fact, however, that groundhog's have no affect in WI.  None.  If a groundhog does NOT see his shadow, that means we'll have a long, cold winter with no thaw until June.  If a groundhog DOES see his shadow, it means we'll have a long, cold winter with no thaw until the end of May.  So I suppose I will appreciate that one week difference when it arrives.  For now, I'm freezing, and I now subject you to lots of freezing cold pictures.


Scavenger Hunt Sunday stuff:





Water
Arg.  I tried to capture this little icicle in the mostly dark, I loved the contrast of the little shine there and the shadows... oh my little Coolpix just won't do it.  Maybe someday.  So I took this other one too:
I absolutely LOVE the sparkle of fresh, crisp snow.  I know it's not really water, but if it were WARMER it would be water.  So, do two mediocre pictures equal one good picture?

Quote
One of my favorite wedding presents - custom made for us by one of our dear friends - she designed the whole thing - frame, mat, embroidery - and created it all by hand.  LOVE IT.

Window
One of mini's favorite pastimes is staring out the front window.  I wonder how she'll feel when she can actually go out there WITHOUT being bundled up and stay out for longer than 15 minutes... (Don't judge my fingerprint glass.  Or that shovel sticking out of the snow.  Or my tincanmen that have fallen over in the storm.  Or that Christmasy wreath that's still hanging there...)
Activity
I can't decided which activity is more prevalent in this photo:  Playing, Trudging, or FREEZING.  And yes, the snow is up to their hips.

Page 25 of a Magazine
In honor of Valentine's Day.

Shutter Love Tuesday at The Trendy Treehouse is eyelashes:

ShutterLoveTuesdays


I was pretty surprised when this turned out because, yes that IS me and yes I DID take it myself... I just held the camera out away from my face and zoomed in and snapped.  I was borrowing my sister's DSLR though.  Oh, how I want one.  An no, I don't go around with that much makeup on normally.






*Be sure to check below for all the fun parties I link to!

12 comments:

Sweepy said...

Boo-woof!
That's a really COLD place.
We never had snow except in the fridge.
I like the Window because it reminds me of myself when I have to wait for the humans to come home.

Mommy2Four said...

I like your activity shot, as it reminds me of, well......here :) hehe

We got a foot more this past weekend! I'm still hoping the groundhog was right!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Window and magazine are pure love :)

Julia said...

Brrr......but it is lovely!!!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are great - I love the sparkle of the snow and your activity shot. Very creative with the magazine.

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

Oh - I love Page 25 of the book! So precious! Could be made into a Valentine's Day card!

Love it!

Thanks for liking my suspenders :)

MRMD_GRL said...

I just found your blog today and I adore it!
The photo you posted of your wedding present with the embroidery is just stunning!!

Unknown said...

I always love your pictures!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Great shots this week - the lashes came out great!

A'n'G Johnson said...

loved your pg 25

A'n'G Johnson said...

loved your pg 25

This Mama Rocks said...

Great shot! It is so hard using an slr to take an image of yourself. I was at the park with my daughter last week trying to take a shot of my face and preggo tummy! Lol I was only getting closeups of me in my sunglasses :) Oh well!

Wanted to stop by from Trendy Treehouse. If you ever want to read some fun photography tutorials or link up your images on my Saturday Photoshare linky, please stop by for a visit! I am a new follower of your blog :)

www.thismamarocksblog.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...