Saturday, April 5, 2014

Free Crochet Patterns with Leslie from Try to Keep Up


Today's guest is the lovely Leslie from Try to Keep Up.  She's got some great stuff on her blog (like these yummy cold rolls or these pretty scarves.)  She's basically a crochet machine, and has some awesome ideas for us!

* * *

Hello Bugaboo's (bugaboos? I dunno, I'll just go with it).  
Hi there!  I'm Leslie and I blog over at Try To Keep Up, and I blog a little bit about everything, but mostly recipes and crocheting.  I am so excited about Yarn It All!  When I found out about Kim's yarn party I just had to be a part of it!  I've been a crocheting machine for the past year since starting my business West Coast Leslie Deigns.  WCLD (for short) specializes in one of a kind, handmade crochet apparel for women.  And I wanted to share a few of my favourite patterns with all you lovely peeps.

First is a super duper easy pattern for boot cuffs!


I found this pattern over at Domestic Bliss Squared.  Her pattern isn't the easiest to read, but there is an update from another blog that helps a bit.  And like any good DIY-er I couldn't just follow a pattern (they're more like guidelines, aren't they?) You see the scallop pattern at the top?  Yeah I changed that.  I found that the 5 DC didn't give a nice enough scallop, so I did 6 DC.  I also looked into how to do a proper scallop, which helped.  Oh, I also added some super cute, vintage inspired, wooden buttons. Those buttons are probably my favourite part of these cuffs!

I've even come up with a few patterns myself! Like this one, the Half Ribbed Ear Warmer.  Check out the pattern on my blog.  I like a relatively plain look, but wanted to punch it up, so I used back post and front post double crochet stitches to add a little texture.

Ooh, or if that's not your style check out this Turban Style Earwarmer.  I found this yarn with sequins and couldn't help but buy it!  (It's Loops and Threads Dewdrops, if you were curious)  Check this out for the pattern.  It's super easy and a great first project for new crocheters or teens.


Or hey, maybe you just want an ear warmer but don't have the time to make one.  I got you covered.  Shoot me an email - I love to make custom orders.  Or check out my online store for my full product line.  I'll make pretty much anything and ship all over North America so don't be shy!

Thanks for having me, Kim!  I can't wait to see the rest of the superb yarn projects coming up this month!


* * *

Thanks, Leslie!  I'm beginning to think I'll have to take some lessons from my mom so I can make some of this fun stuff!




AND, don't forget to link up to the yarn party!!  I'll be featuring some of your projects - so if you've got a craft, painting, project or idea involving yarn, link it up!






*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...