Sunday, April 6, 2014

State String Art with Young and Crafty Sisters


Today's guest is here from Young and Crafty Sisters (formerly Young and Crafty).  She's got a fun artwork project to share with us - one that I love and am going to have to try one of these days!

***

Hello!  I’m Brittany and I'm a contributor to Young and Crafty Sisters.  I of course saw this idea on Pinterest and knew I had to give it a try for my boyfriend’s new house!  I chose to place the heart over College Station (the town where we met) and Conroe (the city of our first home).  

Here are the supplies you will need:
Any type of small nail with a bigger head so the string won’t slip off.  
I had this string in my craft supplies, I think its embroidery string.   You could easily use yarn as well.
I got an awesome deal on the wood from the discount bin at Home Depot.  There is usually a cart of miscellaneous wood that has been cut in different sizes that is 70% off.  I had the guy cut me two pieces (just in case I messed the first one up) and it cost less than $2!  I chose 16in x 16in for my particle board pieces but any size will work for the space you are decorating.

You can find the full tutorial with pictures for this State String Art by following the link!

***

It's a clever and easy idea to put together - and one you can do with things you have on-hand - what a great way to use up scraps of yarn or leftover bits of skeins!  Pop on over and see how she used tape and a map to create her string masterpiece!

Thanks for sharing here, Brittany!

yarn it all series button photo 5bfe07cd-d182-4e81-b6f8-0a7a0b082333_zps7aed4c03.jpg





*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...