Friday, February 25, 2011

More stuff you should check out.

What a week!  We, like most of the nation I suspect, have been struck down by a mysterious cold.  Luckily, the drippiness is passing, knock on wood, and we are finally getting back to whatever normal is around here.


I would like to take this moment to give you a few announcements:


1.  Today I'm guest posting over at Everyday Mom Ideas about how bug "FELT" like a pirate.  (haha - Oh, I crack myself up.  You have to go read the tutorial to fully understand.)  If you do read it, you can learn how to turn your kiddo into a full-fledged swashbuckler (and then he can sing bug's new favorite song from the Backyardigans which he has only ever seen ONCE at Oma's - "Ar, Ar, Ar.... A pirate, a pirate, a pirate says ARRRRR!"):


And you know, while you're there, you might as well whip up Julia's awesome pirate cake, because it's just that kind of week.


2.  My Strips and Scraps T-Shirt Vest made it into the February finals over at Saturday Mornings!  You HAVE to go vote for it!  Ok, you don't have to vote for it.  But it might feel sad and lonely if you don't.  Just sayin'.  Alright, fine.  Just go vote for something, will ya?


3.  This past week I have 
a) been to the emergency room for a tetanus shot and possible stitches (none needed after all, thank you!). 
b) caused two blisters on my fingers. 
c) electrocuted myself.
d) slipped on the ice while carrying a fragile project (you'll see soon) which popped my knee out of joint and made me stay up until all hours trying to put said project back together.
e) eaten entirely too much cake.
f) gone to the dollar store more times than is strictly necessary in one week for one person.
OR
g) All of the above.


This is a multiple choice quiz, for reals.  Whoever guesses the right answer gets a prize.  No, not really.  I still have 23 barrettes to make!  But you should take the quiz anyway.




AND, just so you don't miss it (or you're new here...) CLICK HERE to see my latest tutorial.  It's another necklace made out of t-shirts.  BUT this one is the rolled rose bib necklace I promised loooooong ago.







*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

1 comment:

DANA said...

THE VOTING IS OPEN, AND YOU ARE IN THE RUNNING, SO GO CHECK OUT THE POLL, GRAB YOUR FINALIST BUTTON, AND GET TO VOTING! HERE IS THE LINK!

http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/02/voting-for-best-of-february-2011-here.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...