Thursday, August 18, 2011

What's YOUR Dream?

This post brought to you by UPromise. All opinions are 100% mine.


Recently, bug told me that he was going to fly airplanes.  
"You mean right now?  Your toy airplanes?"
"No!  I am turning into a man!  And when I do, I will fly airplanes!"
bug has had a slight obsession with airplanes, ever since he first noticed them flying over our house with an excited point and cries of "Awe-taw!"  (No clue how he got that from airplane...)
His declaration made me excited.  "You're right, bug!  You CAN be a pilot someday!"
It was the first time me three-yr-old had come to me with any kind of real aspirations... a pilot!  Of course!  You could fly airplanes!  Huge commercial flights to exotic locations!  Fighter jets!  Cargo delivery planes!  Sea planes up in Alaska!  Why not???
"That's a good idea, bug." I concluded.


And it was the first time I felt that surge of surety that this little person, my son, really could do anything he wanted to.  The feeling is actually real.  If he wants to be a pilot, then I will do everything I can to help him.  And when he changes his mind in a year and wants to be a race car driver, then I'll support that too.  And when in three years he's convinced he'll join the majors and play in the World Series, well, I'll enroll him in little league.  Dreams are important.  Especially the dreams of the coming generations.  And if, in my support and his experience, he reaches for an even greater goal - curing cancer or helping amputees or bringing clean water to Africa - well, all the better!
Do your kid's set goals?  Dream big dreams?
What are your dreams of supporting your kids?  UPromise wants to know!  



UPromise_Brand_300x250_static.jpg (3 documents)


UPromise is a rewards program that can help you pay for college.  (Considering the amount I have yet to pay on student loans, I would love to have known about this program about 9 years ago...) Basically, they help you get money back from your daily spending.  But what's all this dreaming stuff about, huh?
Well, to celebrate their anniversary, UPromise is giving away $20,000!  $1,000 go to 10 winners with ONE $10,000 winner as well!  That's a lot of help towards dreams of college, entrepreneurship, travel, you name it!
All you have to do is go to the Dream Wall (www.upromisetodream.com) and submit a story about your dreams and hopes for your kids.  That's it!  For more details you can read the dream wall official rules here.
You've already read my dream for my kids, here in this post.  So what's yours?  Leave a comment! 


Visit Sponsor's Site

2 comments:

Tawny said...

Aww, that's awesome. My son is obsessed with the Sanitary workers (garbagemen) that come by once a week. He's determined that he'll be one or a recycle man so that he can "find mommy treasures that she can make stuff out of." Hhehehe. i can't argue with that logic.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post! My boyfriend is always looking for ways to help pay for his schooling. Private art schools are expensive!

I don't have kids yet, but that is one of the milestones I can't wait for, them talking about their dreams.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...