in that it is much like a Christmas tree (and uses the same type of ornaments) but is obviously for Halloween. But you understood that, didn't you? No picture tutorial today, but it's so easy, you can't go wrong.
1. Find some creepy looking sticks. Make sure they are skinny-ish. Lay them out and spray paint them black - all sides.
2. While you're waiting for those to dry, make your little pumpkin ornaments. Start with an empty clear glass ball ornament - that you can find at nearly any craft store.
3. Take the top off and fill the ornament with various orange items. Like bits of scrap ribbon with different patterns:
Or paper napkins cut into small pieces and folded like a fan. I used three fans in one ball.
Or scrunched up scalloped circles out of orange paper.
5. Then you're ready for the faces. You could draw them on with a sharpie. I had some black vinyl sitting around, so I used an exacto knife and just cute various shapes out of my vinyl, then stuck it on.
I'm fairly certain this little guy with fangs is my favorite. He's too happy to be scary, despite his sharp teeth.
6. Search around your house for an appropriate vase. It needs to be large and tall enough to fit all the sticks in comfortably, with room for them to spread out. Hopefully, you'll find something stuck in the corner that you haven't thought about for years - like me. I used a plain black glass vase. I was going to decorate it in some way, but decided to let the focal point be the cute little pumpkins.
7. Place your sticks. Arrange them all pretty-like.
8. Hang your ornaments.
And that's it! You're done! And easy, cute little craft to dress up your table as a centerpiece or sit on a mantle.
AND, I only broke one ornament in the process. Score.