Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Poor Biff.


I have some things up my sleeve to share with all of you, but due to some unforeseen family-type emergency-ish situations... oh, what the heck.  Why am I being so cryptic anyway?  We got in a car accident.


Yep.  I'll try to answer all of your questions without you asking them.  Ready?


1.  It was NOT my fault.  My light turned green, I went, other guy coming different direction ALSO went.  His light was red, though.
2.  Only mini was in the car.  We were going to pick up the other two at preschool.  She was completely unfazed and her car seat worked very well.
3.  Damage to the driver's side door, fender and wheel well.  Engine failure.  Undrivable.  Definite front axel/tire issues.  Other problems pending.  Possibly totaled.
4.  Injuries: only a very large lump on my head where I hit the window and whiplash - of course.  mini was in the middle in the back and as I said - totally unfazed.
5.  Other guy?  No injuries.  Car?  Drivable.  Only a bit of hood damage.  What the what??
6.  Totally awesome part?  mr's in China for work.  (did I say awesome?  Oh.  I meant AWFUL.)


So, yeah.  Anyway, we're all fine, the car's not, I'm driving mr's car until he comes home later this week, and quite frankly, I'm ridiculously sore.  I don't mean to complain, as I know it could have been sooooo very much worse, but these things always seem to happen when mr is out of town.  Twice now I've had plugged toilets and flooded bathrooms, an exploding vacuum, crazy amounts of bronchitis and ear infections (not me, the kids), burns, drilled fingers, and various other not-quite-emergency-but-would-still-be-better-if-he-were-home type situations. The moral, I believe, is that he's not allowed to leave for work anymore.  Right?


Oh, and the other awesome thing?  I JUST got my car fixed - new battery, diagnostic tests, etc.  I got it back on Friday.  (Oh, did I say awesome again?  Huh.)


Ok, now, because of all that complainy crap, I'll tell you I am very grateful for the following:


1.  That the other two kids weren't in the car.  They would have FREAKED.  Not to mention probably hit their heads on something and gotten hurt.  Their booster seats are not as protective as the car seat.
2.  That mini was totally calm and collected.  I needed that because I sure didn't feel that way.
3.  That my dad was nearby so he could come and help right away - picking the other kids up, taking them home and staying with them all while I went to the dr.
4.  That I might get a new car out of this.  I mean, since we're looking on the bright side here...
5.  That I do NOT have a broken neck.  Or arm.  Or any other broken part of my body.  It could have been so much worse.
6.  That it was not MY FAULT.  I have been on the other side of that situation, and let me tell you, this side is so much nicer.
7.  That we have insurance, and the other driver did too.
8.  That my cell phone waited to die until my dad got there.
9.  That my mom made us dinner tonight.  Aren't mom's great?
10.  That no one was hurt.  Did I mention that?  Yeah, that's a good thing.


Anyway, I just wanted to let you know why there may be a slow down on posting for just a few days.  Recuperating, counting my blessings, that kind of thing.  


And maybe car shopping online.  Maybe.


(PS.  Biff is my car.  Or WAS my car...)




*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

12 comments:

Beth said...

I am so glad you are ok! This post gave me goosebumps right from the beginning! Let me know if you need anything, anything at all! I live super close by ;)

Blanca said...

I'm so sorry. I'm glad everything is okay. I think it's great that you are able to look on the bright side of things. I know how it feels to have a lot go wrong while the hubby is away. I had my share of that when my husband was deployed to Afghanistan.

Best wishes. I hope your feeling better soon. :)

Unknown said...

ah! so sorry to hear that! glad you're all okay though :o)

Unknown said...

Your the 2nd blogger today that posted about being in a car accident! i am staying off the roads!! so glad that you and mini are ok!!

Michelle L. said...

Ugh! Poor thing, an accident will just shake you to pieces, even if there's no major injury. So glad mini was fine. So sorry you got knocked around and are sore - and your car - wahhh! Sending tons of sympathy your way.

Mindy said...

So glad to hear that everyone is OK. Hope all the details work out quickly.

Jill said...

So sorry to hear that! I'm glad everyone is safe though! My (BRAND NEW) car got hail damage and not going to lie, I was extremely upset (I may have been having a freak out and crying in the house as the hail pounded the windows...) and it sucks. Even worse when no one is there to help you deal with it - glad your parents are close! Take care! Let me know if you need a guest post while you recouperate!

KendasCrafts said...

Yikes! Glad to hear no one was hurt. Hope you get some rest and enjoy car shopping!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about the accident, but I am glad everything is okay. If you need your boggy followers to tell you how adorable you and your family is while you are dealing with all the after stuff let us know.

By the way, you and the family are adorable!

Haley @thedistractedblogger

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about the accident, but I am glad everything is okay. If you need your boggy followers to tell you how adorable you and your family is while you are dealing with all the after stuff let us know.

By the way, you and the family are adorable!

Haley @thedistractedblogger

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the double comment post. Technology *rolls eyes* am I right?

Tawny said...

Oh my gosh! The worst disasters always happen when hubby is out of town for work. I don't know why. Maybe he's the glue that holds my crazy together or maybe I just can't cope well on my own.

Thank goodness you're safe and your kids are safe and your hubby is safe.

Take it easy and heal up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...