Sunday, October 2, 2011

I lied.



Oops.  Sorry about that.  It's just that I tried really hard this week to actually be able to participate in the Scavenger Hunt Sunday over at Ramblings and Photos... and as I sat down tonight to do my post I realized I was only short one photo.  I went through my pictures from yesterday's trip to "the farm" and pumpkin picking and grabbed one to fill in, so I've got all 5!  So although I promised you the last of the trip pictures (because, really, haven't you seen enough of that peninsula yet???) these photos are not them.  I'll post the last of the trip photos tomorrow.  In case you want to check them out.  Sorry to deeply disappoint you.  I like some of these though...




Inspired by a book or movie
"mmmfflnnnnarrrrrrrghhhh!" 
"What?... What is it??" 
"I can't put my arms down!" 
"Well... put your arms down when you get to school."
Name that movie...
This is how we dress to pick pumpkins in WI.  Layers.  Lots and lots of layers.  In this picture alone there are: eight socks, four pairs of pants, two legwarmers, one onesie, two thermal shirts, four long sleeve shirts, one sweatshirt, two sweaters, one sweater vest, two scarves, two hats and four mittens.  Mid-day, they'd lost all of the outerwear - scarves, hats, mittens, sweaters... and by the end of the day it was all back on.  Once in the car, they began shedding like a snake.  By the time we got home we had two sleepy, nearly naked kids and a carful of clothing.

Brown
Flowers just don't look the same in the fall... but I still somehow find them beautiful.

Hazy
On our lone tree there is a lone red leaf.  That will soon change.

Coffee or Tea
I'll admit it.  This was the one I had nothing for...
I had big designs for this one... I wanted to set up a cute little tea party outside for the kids this week... but it POURED and POURED all week long - it was wet and cold and miserable.  No one in my family drinks coffee OR tea... so what to do??  At the farm yesterday, the kids got to milk this cow!  And what do you put IN your COFFEE?  Yep.

Linger
The greenery is lingering longer than I'd expected this fall.  There are quite a few trees throughout the city that are turning, but they seem to be lonely among a sea of green.  I can't wait until I can get some really nice shots of fall colors.

And there you have it!  Back in the hunt!  (Pretty soon there won't be any daylight in which to take decent pictures, so I'll have to take advantage of this while it lasts...)



*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Christmas Story! Love it! Nice collection.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are great and so glad you were able to make it. I love the first one!

Dragonfliez Made said...

HA! love that movie.

A christmas story!

Saun said...

YES, A Christmas story I can't wait for it to be on for 24 hours :) Great series

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...