Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ode to the Pumpkin



In honor of 


I tried to use mostly pictures from our pumpkin picking experience!  I'll have to share more photos from "A Day at the Farm" later, for the sake of those friends and family who may be interested... In any case, because of my focus on pumpkins this week, I'm sticking with a fall color/theme in this set of photos.




Abstract
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really don't do abstract well.  Not sure why.  The wavy/ripply look to the background objects on the left reminds me of impressionistic artwork, though, and I like that.  This is a close up of the rainwater on the big pumpkin on my porch.
Round
Lots of round, round objects in this shot.  bug was helping mr pick the perfect pumpkin.  
Fire
I really really wish I'd had the opportunity to take a picture of some sort of fire... flame, fire pit, candles, what have you.  But I didn't really get a good capture.  So I'm using the sky, lit up like it's on fire.  I love sunsets like these.  Know what I love more?  I love it when a shot like this is SOOC!!  I always surprise myself when I do that...
Seeing faces in strange/unexpected places
Pretty fall sunflower at the pumpkin picking farm.  Do you see the face?  Do you??
In my mind it goes something like this:
The features are mostly all shading and shadows, but he's wearing a baseball cap of petals.

Stars
I do, apparently, have a thing for sunsets and dusk lately.  Sorry if this is repetitive... but the sky seemed perfect for this kind of edit.


Stay tuned for lots of pumpkin goodness!





*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

5 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

How do you do that last edit? I love it. I also really like your round shot.

Kmcblackburn said...

Oh wow...that "star" photo is amazing. The colors and processing are perfect. Great job!

Kathy

Sweet Green Tangerine said...

That drawing on the sunflower had me crackin up! Too funny :) And that stars shot is AWESOME! Great set :)

http://sweet-green-tangerine.blogspot.com/2011/10/scavenger-hunt-sunday-2.html

Anonymous said...

beautiful fire shot!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Wowzer! Nice edit on that last one. Love the fire shot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...