Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mr and Mrs. Pumpkin Head with Melanie


Melanie from bear rabbit bear is one of the nicest bloggers you'll meet.  She's got lots of great ideas on her blog, and furthermore, she just added some adorable felt food to her etsy shop.  Like, an eggplant and everything.  And she's got a kid-friendly pumpkin idea for us today!

Hi, everyone! I'm Melanie from bear rabbit bear craft, DIY, and life-in-general blog. Thanks so much to Kimberly for having me over today. I love fall, so I was excited to participate in her Pumpkin week! If you've never stopped by before, I would love for you to hop over and check out my blog. I also have a Things I've Done Thursday link party that is open from Thursday to noon on Saturdays. Now on to my Pumpkin Project.


My mom recently had a little get together at her house. It was supposed to be for my and my sister's birthdays, but wound up being more for our kids. My mom saw this cute Mr. Potato Head pumpkin idea at Wal-mart. Basically, it's Mr. Potato Head pieces that you're supposed to stick on a pumpkin to make a Pumpkin Mr. Potato Head.

However, I think Mom missed the memo that you're supposed to purchase some sort of special pumpkin for this project or something. She bought regular pumpkins, and it didn't take long for the kiddos to realize the Mr. Potato Head-like pieces weren't going into the pumpkin at all, as clearly demonstrated by my daughter's face in this picture.

On the flip side, this excited my husband. He got to use someone else's drill and demonstrate his awesome power tool skills in front of a crowd. He used a drill bit to drill holes where each of the pieces were supposed to go. My sister even got in on the drilling action.

This allowed the kids to easily decorate their pumpkins in the latest fashion. My little one did a Princess Pumpkin, and my nephew had a Pirate.

Cute, huh? These were neat projects for the kids. The princess pumpkin is now on our fall table. My daughter loves looking at it every morning. I recommend these for fall projects, but you might want to research exactly what sort of pumpkin that you are supposed to use. 

One note, though - not all the pieces will work on a regular Mr. Potato Head after use. Only a few of them would.

Thanks, Kimberly, for letting me share my Pumpkin Story with you today! Hope you'll stop by bear rabbit bear soon!

Holy cow, how cute are those?  More pros?  No sharp objects involved, no flames or possible emergency room visits, and no messy paint splotched everywhere.  Awesome.  Thanks, Melanie!  Go visit her!



*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...