Monday, December 16, 2013

Don't you love pinterest?


I do.  I totally do.  Most of the time.  When I'm not comparing my mediocrity to insanely impractical perfection.  Or worrying that I'm trying to make my own images too "pinteresty".  Or worrying that my pictures aren't "pinteresty" enough.  Or worrying about whether or not my blog gets pinned enough.  Or seeing the same stinking pin over and over and over again in my feed.  Ok, whatever.  On the whole, I love it, and I can't imagine trying to keep track of the inspiration I find all over the way I used to... yikes.

Inevitably, you've run across a pin or ten on pinterest that are just so eye catching, so amazing, so ingenious, that you know you must try it.  

Today's yummy monday post was one of those.  Have you seen it?  It's been pinned to my "To Eat" board for quite a while now.

I know right??

Here we go...



A triumph, am I right?

Now, if I'm being fair - to whoever it was who created that idea and made it to perfection and then posted it in the stylings you can not possibly resist - I likely just did not do it right. It's likely user error - not a misleading pin.  Probably.  Possibly.  Have you tried it?

The problem is that this pin doesn't really lead to a real thing.  And sometimes I bother to look orphan pins up online by google searching the title or something, but this time it seemed so straightforward that I didn't.  I mean, the whole tutorial is right there in the pictures, right?  Not really.

To improve upon my rather disappointing attempt, I should have waited hours before layering on the caramel.  I should have used caramel candies and melted them with some evaporated milk or something instead of using caramel ice cream topping.  

As it was, my failure was so bad it wouldn't even come out of the pan in brownie shaped pieces.



It was so very sad.  And soggy.  Very soggy.  That was the worst part, the brownie batter and caramel syrupy stuff made the pretzels mushy.  Ew.  Grossest texture ever.  There were supposed to be crunchy, right?  And frankly, I don't know how to correct that.

So Even with the ideas for improvement that I've had, I don't think I'll be trying this again.  I mean, I just did so well the first time.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.





*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BWAhahahahaha!
(wipes tears)
that is all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...