Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cute little cabachons



I've got a cute and easy project today!  




If you've signed up for Mindy Mae's Market or Pick Your Plum (and if you haven't, why not??) you have a TON of these little cabochons lying around.  Don't deny it.  I know it's true.


I decided to use some of them for my sister IL's birthday.  She doesn't where a ton of jewelry.  No rings except for her wedding ring.  No earrings except for super hypoallergenic pure gold for her crazy ears.  BUT one thing she wears a lot of are bracelets.  


I started with this pendant bracelet I got at Hobby Lobby.  It came with all the pendants put together and the clasp already attached - that's my kind of jewelry making.


I took some E6000.


And attached one cabochon in each square.


That's it!  Easy Shmeezy!  Done!  I used pastel, subdued colors.


I decided to make some earrings anyway.  Just in case she decided to give them a try.  Just E6000'd them to some posts.  
I made a coordinating ring as well, to really round out the gift.  Then I went cray-zay and made a million more.  I am totally keeping that hot pink one.


And I attached the gift to paint chips.  Voila!


The photo quality is super bad.  Sorry about that.  Does the ease and cuteness of this project make up for that?






*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

1 comment:

April said...

I love using cabochons! I'm so glad this trend is back in. :-) I;m also glad for spell check because I can't spell :cabochon" to save my life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...