Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sweet and Simple Mini Pouch - Ashley from Cherished Bliss

Today's guest is the uber talented chica behind the blog Cherished Bliss.  I first became aware of her blog during Yarn it All when I featured her insanely brilliant yarn tote:
(The other side has pockets for all the hooks and needles)
I couldn't stay away after seeing that.
***


Hi Everyone! I'm so excited to be over here today! I'm Ashley, and I blog over at Cherished Bliss.
This is such a fun series, I always love giving handmade gifts! Although sometimes there just isn't time! So today I will be sharing with you a super easy tutorial. If you have been thinking about learning to sew, this would be a great project to practice with! This takes less than 30 minutes to make, that's my kind of handmade gift!
Main Pouch_edited-1
I use mine for yarn needles in my Yarn Tote Bag! But you could use it for anything!
Mini Pouch 3 Mini Pouch 2
{Here is what you will need}
- 2 pieces of fabric roughly 12.5” x 5.5”
- a button or velcro
- and your basic sewing materials (thread, sewing machine, scissors)
{Tutorial}
1. Take your 2 rectangles and sew them right sides together with 1/4” seam allowance. Leave a small space in the bottom for turning.
Step 1
2. Clip corners and turn fabric right side out. Press. Press down your seam in the space you left open. We will top stitch this later.
Step 2
3. Tri fold your rectangle and press.
Step 3
4. Then you are going to leave the “flap” up and top stitch around the 2 sides and top. I chose not to top stich across the bottom. This creates the pouch.
Step 4
5. Now just make a button hole on the flap and sew on your button and your done!
Step 5 a Step 5 b
Easiest Pouch Ever right?
Mini Pouch inside
Who do you know that would love this?

If you enjoyed this tutorial I would love to have you stop by my blog and take a peek around! Here is a little bit of what you can find over there! Baby Doll Bed Quilt sand top distress
rss feedstwitterpinterestfacebook
Thanks so much for having Kimberly! This is such a great Series!!

Ack!  The versatility kills me!  How many people could you make this for?!  How many cute little "somethings" could you stick inside?! Adorable.  Thanks, Ashley!  Check her out!








*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

1 comment:

cherished bliss said...

Thanks so much for having me Kimberly! It was a pleasure! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...