Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Personalized Gifts Made Easy - Melanie of Bear Rabbit Bear

Melanie, from Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts, is a regular around here!  She's shared some great ideas in the past, and today is no different!  Everyone loves receiving gifts with a lot of thought and effort behind them - and there's no better way to show that than by personalizing something for the recipient!  It doesn't have to be hard, and I'll let Melanie share her ideas with you...
***


Good morning, bugaboo, mini, mr & me readers! I'm Melanie, and I blog over at Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts. Over at BRB Crafts, I share a little bit of everything, but I adore crafts for the little ones and sewing. I hope you'll head over sometime and check out anything from Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes to a Pleated Clutch Sewing Tutorial.
We are in the midst of Kitchen Week over on my blog. I'm talking brand, spanking new kitchen tutorials and guest posts. There may even be a few awesome kitchen-related giveaways :). Kitchen week for the grown-ups is August 12-18, followed by a special Kitchen Themed week for kiddos! 
I enjoy making handmade gifts to the point I almost panic if there's not some kind of handmade element to the gifts that I give. While I don't recommend letting gift-giving become a source of panic attacks, I do think that adding a handmade touch for your gifts can make your thoughtfulness stand out. As a result, I tend to share several personalized handmade gift ideas on my blog. I'd like to show a few of these today. 
I made these crates for just a few bucks. I purchased the crate from A.C. Moore with a coupon, used paint around the house, and jars from the thrift store to create a personalized gift. Use a special name on the side or fill it with the recipient's favorite flower to customize it even more. Use different color schemes to make this gift holiday friendly. Find the full tutorial {here}.
It's surprising what a little Mod Podge and scrapbook paper can do to an inexpensive paper mache frame. Personalized with a favorite color or cute saying. And, of course, fill it with super pictures of the kiddos. Find the full tutorial {Here}.
I really like this one for kids! Make the photo puzzle, and send it (in pieces) in the mail. It's almost like a little mail scavenger hunt. Get the tutorial {Here}.
 Join me over at Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts for more handmade ideas. Happy gifting!
{BLOG}         {FACEBOOK}         {TWITTER}             {PINTEREST}


***


Thanks, Melanie!  With a little thought, your gifts can be tailored to fit anyone on your list! Thanks for that reminder!




1 comment:

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Thanks for letting me share today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...