Saturday, August 25, 2012

Categorized Top 5 - Julie from Vibrant Designs


Julie from Vibrant Designs is a super busy blogger!  She's got four kids - one of them a new baby, just made an interstate move, keeps up her crafty blog and runs an etsy shop!  Thank goodness she took some time from her full schedule to share a few ideas with us!

Hello bugaboo readers!!  I am so excited to be here today with Kimberly sharing with you my favorite handmade gifts.

I am Julie from Vibrant Designs. I write a lot about the projects I've made for my family and a little about my family also. 5 1/2 years ago, money was very tight at Christmas. We weren't using credit cards and our jobs were barely making the bills. I was at a loss at what to do for Christmas gifts for our extended family members. I approached my husband with the idea of trying to make them something.  He agreed so we began the process of figuring out what to do. That first year we made a cornhole set for my brother and his wife and painted it in their team colors WV and KY. For our moms, I made dried fruit wreaths with applesauce ornaments. For my sister, I sewed my very first purse using pre-quilted fabric.  Unfortunately, I wasn't blogging yet so I took no pictures! 

5 1/2 years later, I have created many a handmade gift: for Christmas, babies, men, women, children, boys, girls...Valentine's Day, birthdays. I think you get the point. I am mainly a seamstress but have tried my hand at a lot of things! Here are my top 5 Vibrant Designs go to handmade gifts organized by who they're for...

For men or women:



Shades of Dawn Jewelry Package consists of the Shades of Dawn necklace, cuff bracelet and rosette earrings.




For babies/new moms:

Such pretty ideas - versatile and useful too!  Don't miss the other eye candy over at Vibrant Designs!  Thanks, Julie!





*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...