Friday, August 24, 2012

"Go-To" Gifts - Mandy from Sugarbee Crafts


Here's a blogger we all know and love!  I'm so happy to have Mandy here today.  Her blog is a must read on my blog list.  She's got some fabulous inspiration for us all today!  Do you have some gifts that are your "go-to" when a special event comes up?  You know, those gifts you turn to for your kid's friends' birthdays, or the 60 weddings you go to in the summer, or every single teacher your children ever have?  Here are some great ideas to add to your "go-to" list that are sure to be hits!



Hi Everyone!!   I am Mandy from Sugar Bee Crafts and I'm excited to be stopping by for the Gift It series - what a fun idea!

Sugar Bee Crafts: sewing, recipes, crafts, photo tips, and more!

I have 4 kiddos and love to craft and blog (obviously!) - - I feel like if I can do something, then you can too!!

When giving gifts, I feel like the main benefit of giving a handmade gift is so that it can be personalized.  Make it something unique and special and just for the giftee.  Personalized gifts just take it that extra step and add in that extra umph of love.  I have a few great examples/tutorials of personalized gifts on my blog - just click the title to see more info about each project - here we go...

Fabric Embellished shirt and headband - - take a basic store-bought shirt, and jazz it up with some fabric.  Then personalized it with an initial.  Don't forget a matching headband to top it off:
Glass Tile Pendants - - whether you use a mascot image for a teacher gift or a photo image for a grandmother gift, this is always a home run gift - and it's easy and simple and thrifty to make:


Glass Etched Plates - - use glass etch to personalize cheap glass plates or glassware from thrift stores - a perfect gift to accompany treats for a neighbor:

State Heart Art - - if you're looking for a unique wedding gift, personalized is the way to go - here's a tutorial on how to create this artwork for the special couple:




Thanks Mandy!  I love having some surefire ideas under my belt!  Go check out Sugarbee Crafts!







*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I just shared it on my FB page Shaped by Grace! Thanks for sharing -- I'm off to Target! ;-) Have a great week!
airlines contact numbers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...