Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Reel-y Fun Gift Basket - Jill from Hi! It's Jilly

This next guest is one of the only creative bloggers I follow whom I've met in real life!  And that's because we knew each other pre-blog... like PRE PRE-blog.  She's a super talented singer, crafter, mom, and even though she JUST BARELY completed a cross country move, she agreed to guest post!  Her gift is definitely a good idea, and one I'll be adding to the "quick and easy things to throw together" list.  You know, since I NEVER procrastinate.
***

Hi! It’s Jilly! I’m super excited to be here today! Just a little introduction…I am the wife of a podiatry resident, and mom of seven year-old triplets. Yes, I said TRIPLETS! On my blog I like to write about TV characters that annoy me, homecraft projects, recipes, and anything else in my crazy life that tickles my fancy! familyinred I  have been friends with the genius behind this blog since high school, which was longer ago than I’d like to admit! If you haven’t met her in person, just know that she is even more awesome in real life than she is on her blog. I am soooo happy she asked me to be a part of this great series!

 Whenever one of my friends does something really nice for me – like letting my kids sleepover at their house while my husband & I go on a trip- I like to make them a themed ‘thank you’ gift basket. Once I made up a breakfast gift bag. I filled a reusable shopping bag with all the makings of a yummy breakfast- pancake mix, syrup, butter, bacon, eggs, and orange juice. The gift I am sharing with you today is a movie themed gift basket. movegiftbasket 
 There are a TON of things you can put in a movie basket. A few ideas:
  • Popcorn
  • Soda
  • Candy
  • Popcorn bowls or boxes
  • Gift cards from Netflix, Redbox, or Fandango (---- follow those links to buy them online. Easy peasy!)
  • Gift cards to their favorite take-out pizza place
  • A movie board game or Wii game, like SceneIt! or Disney Trivia
  • A DVD or Blu-Ray
  • A blanket to wrap up in during the movie
  • An air or stove-top popcorn popper
In this gift basket I have a box of microwave popcorn, 2 bottles of root beer (I like using bottles because I think it looks more ‘festive’), 3 boxes of movie theater sized candy, 2 plastic popcorn tubs from Wal-Mart, Disney SceneIt!, and some coupon cards for Papa Murphy’s. (They don’t have Papa Murphy’s here in NY, and we are SO bummed about it!) contents of movie themed gift basket
Then I topped it off with a gift tag that says, “Thanks! That was ‘reel’y nice of you!” that was reely nice of you

AND, I made a FREE PRINTABLE of the gift tag for you guys!! Just print it, cut it out, glue it on some colored paper or cardstock, and you’re good to go! Btw- I made it black-and-white for those of you who, like me, use their laser printer all the time ‘cause your ink-jet runs out of ink in a flash. Plus, it’s easier to make the b & w tag match whatever color scheme you’re working with. Go HERE to get your free printable. :) So, there you have it. A fun, easy & creative gift basket to thank the ones you love for being awesome. moviethemedgiftbasket Thanks again for letting me guest post here today! It has been so fun putting this together! I’ve been enjoying the other posts so far, and am looking forward to seeing all the other great posts this month! To see more excitement from my house, follow me at Hi! It’s Jilly, on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. See you soon! :)
***

Thanks again Jillian!  Go check out Hi! It's Jilly for more great ideas and lots of random practical tips!  (you have to have those around when you've got triplets, or so I imagine...)




*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow! That's a really thoughtful gift, Jilly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...