Thursday, March 27, 2014

Little Lights


I don't take credit for the original idea, here.  I've seen several of these floating around pinterest.  But I'm throwing mine into the mix, too!  I love this simple idea because it can be used for so many things - decor, party decorations, party favors, a simple teacher or hostess gift, etc.

You have to admit, tea lights are a whole lot cuter when they're dressed up.  And this "project" is so easy, it's not even a project.


See?  Just stick, wrap, tear.  Voila.  And done in nice, bright Spring colors!  Because even though it's still snowing here, a girl can dream, right?

I used to be a Relief Society teacher for my ward - the women's Sunday School class for my church congregation.  I taught once a month and always tried to have a little something to give the ladies to remind them of the lesson throughout the week - sometimes just a paper handout, sometimes a magnet, most often chocolate (because that's the BEST kind of takeaway from class, right?)
While I was preparing a lesson a few months ago, this particular scripture from the Book of Mormon (another testament of Christ used as a companion to the Old and New Testaments) really stood out to me:
"...Hold up your light to the whole world.  Behold, I am the light which ye shall hold up." 
 - 3 Nephi, 18:24


And all at once I knew what I wanted to use for my handouts.



I made the tag in picmonkey and printed it on card stock.  
You can attach it any number of ways.  For example, if you are a procrastinator and doing this the night before and morning of your lesson, you can simply use double sided tape and stick that tea light right on the tag.
OR, if you have fewer people in your class or planned ahead (ha!) then you can slip them in a little clear favor bag, trim the top of the bag down, tie it shut with twine, punch a hole in the tag and tie it on.

Either way, really.


Whatever you use them for they are happy little lights, yes?  Oh, washi tape.  What would I do without you?



*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...