Sunday, August 8, 2010

This may become a regular thing.

I enjoyed last week's photo scavenger hunt over at Ramblings and Photos so much, I decided to do it again!  Even though I definitely do NOT consider myself a photographer, by any stretch of the imagination, I have my camera handy almost everywhere I go - except when I forget it, like today at our family gathering, and then I want to cry.   This photo challenge gives me things to look for and think about as I am snapping pictures ANYWAY, so why not share them?  OK.  Here they are.



1.  Shadow/silhouette


I couldn't believe both of these turned out almost exactly how I wanted them to, so I have to share them both.  They were taken at a local park which we took bug to as a special fun day treat.


Shadow:


Silhouette:



2.  Motion blur


I could not for the life of me figure out how to purposely MAKE my camera do this.  I tried and tried.  I failed.  And tried again.  I adjusted some things... I really started wishing I had a fancy pants SLR.  Yesterday, at a HUGE zoo about 2 1/2 hours from here, my hubby managed to snap this while bug and I rode the carousel.  It's cool, but since I didn't take it, I was starting to feel like a failure.


And then, while riding the train I snapped a handful of these babies:


Success!



3.  Magazine


I swear, this is not a set-up.  My cat loves sleeping UNDER things - just not blankets.  He climbed under this mag and I had to take a pic.  Take a closer look, it appears as though he's trying to gather some parenting tips.



4.  "Ten"


I wasn't sure what I was going to use for this one, then came across this simple little pic I randomly snapped the other day.  And yes, she's wearing her brother's hand me downs.  So what?



5.  Glass


Another shot from the zoo.  I call it "monkey see, monkey do".



If you want to play along:












And the shutter love theme this week at Trendy Treehouse is "vacation".


Last time we drove from UT here to visit my family, we let Delilah drive for a bit.  It's just too much for us and we were tired.





ShutterLoveTuesdays














17 comments:

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

These pictures are AWESOME!! :-) My favorite is the train - WOW! So cool! Great job, very creative and fun! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog too. ;-)

Mandy England said...

What a fun idea! I'll have to check the scavenger hunt thing out :] I LOVE the silhouette picture! Absolutely precious. And I like the train shot too!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! I love the silhouette photo and the motion blur! Great job.
Thanks for visiting my blog :-)

Charmaine Poulin said...

Ohhh........I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your silhouette! And your motion blurs...and your "ten"!!!!

Sievertsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sievertsen said...

You may not consider yourself a photographer but your photos are really great!! My faves is Shadow and silhouette. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

Love your silhouette and ten! They are just so sweet!

Ashley Sisk said...

Are you kidding me? You're not giving yourself enough credit...these shots are great. I love your shadow/silhouette shots and your version of motion blur is incredible. Seriously...

Oh, My Darling said...

Aw, love the monkey picture at the end!!

Joanna said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, because I'm going to enjoy following yours now! I have to say I LOVE the "magazine" shot...I think the best shots are those that capture the precious moments :D

cynthia said...

Your silhouette and motion blur shots are absolutely stunning. Pretty impressive for last-minute shots. Can't wait to see what you can do when you have more time.

the cape on the corner said...

lol, i love your kitty cat driving! so cute. stopping over from trendy treehouse!

Amanda said...

great photos! I love the carousel one....did you take that with an SLR? can you share the tip? voting for you!!!

Ewa said...

great photos, but the one with the cat driving and train motion are my favourite !

Amy said...

These are all beautiful! We live in Milwaukee so we are at the zoo at least once a week. My girls love the train. I'm going to have to try some cool shots like this next time!

Unknown said...

Hi Kimberly! Thank you so much for your wonderful words on my photos for the Scavenger Hunt :) You're so sweet!

I absolutely LOVED all your shots! Seriously...every single one. You have a wonderful eye :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, everyone! You're so kind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...