Monday, August 23, 2010

STAINED GLASS SNAFOO, (also titled: ummmm... oops.)

So, if you read THIS post, about staining your own glass and how cool it is, then you probably wanted to try it.  I have to say that I hope you didn't yet, because my instructions were lacking the most important detail - as my sister lovingly pointed out - the last step.  BEFORE you put water in your vases or jars, you definitely need to seal those bad boys up.  Mod podge IS water-based.  They will be RUINED if you don't seal them.  Sooooo...

when you take them out of the oven, let them cool completely.  Then spray them down with something like craft sealer (tons of options you can get anywhere like Hobby Lobby) OR clear spray paint.  Or you could maybe use like polyurethane, but then you'd have brush strokes.

If you made these this past weekend and they got all ruined... my sincerest apologies.  The good news is that the mod podge will just peel up in one big plastic-like piece (that's kind of cool looking if you ask me) and then you can just do it over.

Good luck.



4 comments:

lise said...

You're cute. So what did you do with your cool looky peely mod podge?

lise said...

I meant "looking", not "looky". My fingers are tired.

EmTea Designs said...

You have read my mind! I was wondering about this! :)

Unknown said...

Well, some of them were all painty and I couldn't use those, but I kept one piece and I think I'm going to put it on a necklace. We'll see. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...