Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bust a move

Do you remember this post, way back when?  The post where I told everyone I needed some major spring cleaning because I kept saving anything and everything and couldn't stop?  Remember this picture?  


I organized and purged.  It didn't take.  It just keeps growing.  I think my stash is alive.


So, this September I've decided to bust a move and join the lovely Robin, over at The T-Shirt Diaries, in her stashbusting party.  Here are her rules - taken directly from her blog:


Stashbusting September blogs are voluntarily giving up buying crafting supplies for the month of September. They promise to:

  • Link your blog (the main page please not an individual post) to the linky. The linky will be open until September 4th at Midnight.
  • Craft for personal use only with items they have on hand. No buying new craft supplies, even if you are shopping at Goodwill or garage sales. It is all about busting your craft supply at hand and actually doing those projects you bought all the stash for in the first place. (Buying craft supplies for business use ISpermitted)
  • Think of unique and creative ways to use items they were thinking of throwing out (diaper boxes to fabric covered storage bins, pencil holders from soup cans, upcycled clothing, etc.)
  • Think outside of the box.
  • Try to make at least one upcycled craft item this month. Upcycled craft items from Stashbusting September can be entered into the Stashbusting contest for a rocking prize from our top secret for now, sponsor.
  • Proudly post the Stashbusting September button on their website so everyone knows they are busting some stash.
  • Check back here (the T-Shirt Diaries) to find out other blogs that are busting some stash.
  •  During Stashbusting September we will still have the "Upcycled Awesome" linky party. I just love all of the inspiration. To be entered in the Stashbusting September contest (the link will be up September 1st) you must link your project up to the Stashbusting September link.
  • Encourage all of your bloggy friends to join up!


Oh, and guess what?  She asked little old me to be a guest judge for the challenge!  I'm pretty excited.  So, even though I'm linking up and sharing my ideas over at the party, obviously I won't be voting for myself or anything... 


My hubby's gonna love this, and so is my budget.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...