Monday, September 20, 2010

an oldie but goodie

I warned you that you’d be seeing more of the DIY stained glass!  

It was a project that was so easy but had such amazing results, I knew I needed to experiment.  

For the next jars, I simply used the same method I showed you before with my green onesbut after I coated the whole inside of the jar with the mod podge mixture, I dripped food coloring around the inside on the sides 

and tilted the jar around so that it dripped in different directions.  

I did this with two different colors.  






































Then I cooked, as with the first jars.
stay tuned for those orange ones...
And here is the finished product.  

I really like the “marbleized” effect it gave.  I will definitely have to work on perfecting this technique, though.  I think there are a lot of things that can be done with it.

And can you believe I even got my dad to do one?  I can't either.






mmm button

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I wonder if you could do another layer over the existing layer?

BTW I got my package today!! Thanks. It is lovely...

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh cool! I'm lovin' it!

Mandy England said...

That's so awesome how they turn out! I LOVE this project... it's totally on my to do list... if I ever get the time :]

Anonymous said...

So cool!! I might have to try this someday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...