Sunday, September 12, 2010

I need landscaping lessons

This week, I took too many pictures.  But that's nothing new.  I did discover a few things, though.  Like:
1.  I take a bagazillion pictures, and like maybe 3.
2.  Maybe I need to frame things better so I take 10 and like at least 9.
3.  I can't shoot landscapes.  I can't.  mr actually had to give me lessons on "the rule of thirds" - and acted like I should know all this already.  But I just couldn't for the life of me take a decent landscape.  the ones I intended to use for landscapes ended up being nothing of the sort.  And the few I snapped after that to replace them just plain stunk.  So, I had to resort to my archives.  
4.  I used to take more artsy photos than people photos.  Now I take more people photos than artsy photos.  Does that change when you have kids or something?  Hm.
5.  I CAN shoot close-ups.  So, you know, that's something.
ok, ok, without further ado:



Landscape
(Since I went to my archives, I decided to share two, you know, to make up for it.)
Alpine Loop
Somewhere on the Missouri

Power Lines


Newspaper
Had trouble with this one.  We don't get the paper.  Went to my parents house.  Don't you think it's fitting that she reads the paper upside down?

Pose
this is supposed to look like this:
what?  you don't see the similarities?


Hobby
Wasn't quite sure what to shoot for this, and I don't particularly like this shot, but I thought it incorporated multiple hobbies; can you find them all in the photo?  Reading (obviously), literature, writing, poetry, Shakespeare, and acting.


Join in next week!









Photo Challenge, Week 2 at thepunkrockmom: All the Small Things

Little things
last little purple pansy of the season

Little things that look like BIG things
at a museum, looking at the remote control airplanes.  bug wanted to ride them.

Tiny people in your life
Tiniest person I know right now!
You can join her challenges and learn photography along with her:





 








8 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE your powerline shot!!!

Charmaine Poulin said...

Great shots!!! LOVE the power line too!

Ashley Sisk said...

Well I love the landscape shots you did share...I think we all have preferences towards what we shoot. I love macros, so I don't always think about landscapes either. Your powerline shots are also great. I'm really loving the all the small things series. Great work!

Nancy E said...

Fantastic shots --- landscape and pose are my favorites. I used to shoot more artsy photos before kids too. My favorite is action photography. Thanks for sharing. I love it!

http://nanskimtn.blogspot.com/2010/09/scavenger-hunt-september-12-2010.html

Reading Allowed said...

I also take a bagazillion shots and like just one of two of them. I'm never sure of my settings, so I fiddle with them a lot and end up taking twice as many pictures. Something I hope will improve with time!

I really like the clouds in your power lines shot, and your newspaper shot is just too cute!

Melissa said...

The karate kid shot makes me smile. ;)

thepunkrockmom said...

Love these pix! Gorgeous!
I'm so glad I stopped by cause I don't think you entered them in the Linky! LOL! It's ok tho, there's still time! And if you don't get around to it, at least I know they're here! :)
<3MaryAnne

Liz said...

Great scavenger hunt photos! I know I said it a while ago, but I'm working on my photos for this week. It will be my first completed list!! :) Crossing fingers now ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...