Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sunglasses Valentine!


Years ago, I pinned this adorable idea which was highlighted on Martha Stewart weddings - it's an adorable wedding favor from a southern style wedding.  I decided to take the idea and turn it into a valentine!

Now, here's where I let you know you can buy packs of heart shaped glasses on Oriental Trading for $5.99 for 12 - BUT they are actually cheaper quality than the dollar store (weird, I know) plus there's that added wait time for shipping.  If you're doing this for a BIG class, that's probably the way to go.  
But if the class is small, or you're treating just a few kids (like your own.  Or nieces and nephews.  Or a sunday school class.  What have you.) then you can get one pair for a buck at the dollar store.  And they are all rhinestone-y!

You need glasses, a paper treat bag, double sided tape, twine and the printable card. 

I slipped my glasses in a paper treat bag I got from a party supply store.  You can get similar bags on etsy or elsewhere online.

I used double sided tape on the inside open end of the bag to seal it shut.

I printed out my tag, then folded it in half and cut around the heart.  I used double sided tape to tape it together.

I placed the tag against the end of the bag that opens and used my cropadile to punch two small holes through the tag and bag.
Then I inserted twine through the two holes and tied it in a bow on the front.

And just like that, my little valentines package was complete!

Easy, darling and a fun way to let your kids glam up on Valentine's Day!

Here are the printables, in case you need all different colors!

 photo shades4_zpscuo8qnqy.jpgsunglasses valentine mustard red and navy photo shades3_zps1ibumx4q.jpgsunglasses valentine orange and navy photo shades5_zpsqvkraw3s.jpgsunglasses valentine pinks photo shades2_zpsweq7qaps.jpgsunglasses valentine red photo shades6_zpstx0dpzyx.jpgsunglasses valentine turquoise and purple photo shades1_zpsclvkmm5e.jpg









dollar store valentines photo dollarstoreValentines_zps8ad2c7dd.jpg






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...