Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Dino-Mite Valentines!



Ok.  Has this valentine idea been done to death?  There are literally 100's of adorable dinosaur valentine ideas out there.  Seriously.  So why am I doing it again?

All right.  So the dollar store had BIG plastic dinosaurs - a dollar each.  Which would still get kind of pricey, right - buying 24 of them and all.
But then I saw this pack of little STRETCHY dinosaurs and I thought they were pretty cute and fun.  They came in a pack of 8 - 8!!  So I snatched them up.


I was a little unsure of how to stick them on the cards... they are an odd shape after all.  In the end, I poked two little holes vertically right in the middle (where it's blank).  Then I wrapped twine through from the back, placed the dino on and tied the twine in a knot and bow.  Cute!  Because the dinos are squishy, the twine works really well because you can tie it really tight.


The t-rex was a challenge.  I had to bend his legs all together.  Very uncomfortable.  



Here are the printables!  If you have a die cutter, oval punch or more patience, you could cut them out as ovals, which is what I originally intended but I have the cutting abilities of a 4 year old so that didn't happen.


dino-mite valentines photo dinomite_zpsdd60950b.jpg




This post is part of a series about Dollar Store Valentines!



*Be sure to check below for all the fun parties I link to!*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...