Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dollar Store Valentines


I'm almost always just a little too late to join in the holiday fun as far as blogging my creations go - for EVERY HOLIDAY.  This year, I vowed to get some Valentine ideas out there, by hook or by crook!  

Looking through my Valentine "to post" folder, I realized I actually had quite a lot of ideas for classmate Valentines, which of course, led me to create a series!  

Yes!  The very first series of the year on bugaboo blog!  And I call it:

dollar store valentines photo dollarstoreValentines_zps8ad2c7dd.jpg

Why?  Because here's the deal.  I, like you, love all those stinking adorable Valentine ideas out there.  All those awesome DIY classmate cards that have the witty sayings and the cute little gift attached?  Love em.  Can't get enough.  Have a whole board devoted to, well, Valentine's Day in general, but MOSTLY those classmate valentines.  

What I don't love is that my kids each have approximately 24 students in their classes.  That's 48 kids altogether - in case you weren't up for mental math today - and I can't say that I like the idea of buying a bunch of amazing Valentine themed toys individually or even on a site like this when it's going to cost me an arm and a leg to get one for everybody.  
Sorry, maybe I'm alone in this but I just can't spend $2-$3 per child.  I can spend about $1 per 5 or 6 kids.  About that.  I call it frugal.  You call it what you want.

So.  I've decided to show you how you can create those adorable Valentines with items from the dollar store.  Granted, these are items at MY dollar store which may be slightly different than the items at YOUR dollar store, but I think in general the ideas will transfer pretty well.  

So.  That's the deal!  That's what we're going for.  Dollar store valentines that are still cute and DIY.  PLUS multiple free printables per Valentine!  Stay tuned.


(For your knowledge and - let me stress - PERSONAL use, you can find and download most of my recent printables here.)






****


Want to see ideas from past Valentines? 

Sucker Super Hero Valentines!


And these Valentine Stick Bookmarks are so easy to make, your kids can do it on their own!




This post is part of a series about Dollar Store Valentines!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...