Friday, July 8, 2011

A whole lotta pictures of strawberries.



Well, I know I don't usually do two food posts in one week, but my tutorials for BOTH of my OMTWI projects are not finished yet - and due to an unforeseen event which has caused me to shift my focus for a brief bit that will be revealed later (how's that for cryptic?) all of the cool stuff I wanted to show you will have to be put on hold a bit longer.  So, in the meantime, I have some deliciousness for you.




Yep, those are cheesecake STUFFED strawberries.  Like, as in cheesecake INSIDE OF a strawberry.  Incredible?  I'd say so.  Wish I could take the credit.  I've had this pinned on my pinterest "kitchen inspiration" page for a while now and have decide that it's high time to start using my pinterest inspiration instead of just pinning it.  I originally saw the recipe on Sugar Derby.


So I made these.  


I took them with me to the fireworks for people to munch on.  Unfortunately, I'm fairly positive I ate more than anyone else.  But no one can deny their tastiness.


And they're easy shmeezy too.


Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
About 1 and 1/2 cartons of strawberries
8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 full graham crackers

1 bottle of magic shell ice cream topping


Wash the strawberries and cut off the tops.  Use a small paring knife to core the insides.  Beat the cream cheese with a mixer until creamy.  Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.  Beat until well mixed and smooth.    Place the cheesecake mixture in a plastic ziplock bag and cut a very tiny bit of one of the bottom corners off.  Squeeze the cheesecake out of the bag into the cored out strawberries, one at a time.  Fill the strawberries to the top plus a bit more.  Put the graham crackers in a different ziplock bag and seal.  Use a mallet and beat the graham crackers to tiny crumbs.  Dip the strawberries into the graham cracker crumbs, cheesecake side down.  If you would like to cover some with chocolate, place the strawberries in the freezer for about 10 minutes.  Shake your magic shell really well, then pour it into a bowl.  Dip your strawberries, strawberry side down, into the chocolate.  Put the strawberries on a baking sheet covered in wax paper and put them back in the freezer for about 5 minutes.  Take them out and serve!  Delish!


Go ahead and drool a little.


Now go make some!


Don't forget to link up your picnic related posts!



*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

9 comments:

D said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

The Better Baker said...

What a fantastic idea! I love it and will definitely have to make these this summer. I'm a cream cheese hound...and strawberry one too! Found you at Lisa's SFAS.

AJSnow said...

can we say yum?! I have made a version of this before but your look so much better with that wonderful chocolate!

Ellen Zames said...

These really look amazing!!!

Ellen

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Yep... on my list to make! Thanks for sharing!!!

Chels/Catz in the Kitchen said...

WOW!!! I could see myself popping those into my mouth by the hundreds! Okay, that sounds bad, hahaha! These look amazing! I'm visiting via Sweets for a Saturday :)

Lisa~~ said...

Such a fun and delicious summer dessert, thanks for sharing.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Lorie said...

YUM! I need to find an excuse to give these a try. They look DELICIOUS!

Two Shades of Pink said...

I am salivating just looking at these. How yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...