Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Guest with A Menu.



I shared one of my favorite recipes over at Crystal's Craft Spot today!  Want to know what it was?  Go check it out!

Do you love Craftiness is not Optional like I do?  You should.  Why do I love Jess and her blog?  She thrifts.  She sews for little ones.  And sews some more.  And lots of really ridiculously cute sewing for little ones, did I mention?  Oh, yeah.  And she has some amazing SEWING tutorials.  Careful if you've never been over there - you'll want to pin everything.  She's here with an amazing list of menu must's for your next picnic!   

Hi, I'm Jess from Craftiness is not Optional, and I love summertime. I love the warm evenings, heat (sometimes) lazy days spent doing...not much, swimming, the beach, and of course, the food.


Food, food, food...yes I am kind of in love with food. Who isn't? My family has a lot of BBQ's and picnics during the summer (which more often than not end in human pyramids, but that's another story).



So I've got for you, a list of my favorite go-to summery dishes. I mostly provide appetizers, sides, and dessert, so you won't find any main meal recipes here. Though, isn't that kind of what a picnic is? Lots of different dishes to nosh on?


I adore this avocado corn salsa-I hope you like avocado, or will at least try it, cause it's downright delish.


I just made this salsa for the Fourth of July-I practically drink this stuff, it's so good.


I love the tangy, spiciness of this broccoli salad-it's really easy too!


A summer picnic basic-pasta salad, only this one is creamy and full of yummy additions.


Now for desserts...the best part in my opinion! You can't go wrong with a fresh strawberry pie!


Or a tasty and easy peach cobbler.


These mini cheesecakes are delish and the strawberry sauce is lick your plate good.


Or is citrus your thing? These lemon bars are easy and taste pretty much like summer in a bite.

So there you have it. My favorite summer/BBQ/picnic recipes. Hope you enjoyed them, I sure do. Thanks for having me, Kimberly!






I don't know about you guys, but I am trying every.single.one of these recipes this summer.  FOR SURE.  And while they all look delish, I am especially looking forward to the avocado and corn salsa, the pasta salad and the peach cobbler.  I've never made peach cobbler before!  Thanks Jess for all the yummy inspiration!



*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

3 comments:

alisamm said...

These DO look good. Especially the avocado one. Hey, I just made peach cobbler tonight and it is tasty. SUPER tasty. And extremely easy.

Unknown said...

Yum! Invite me to your next get together!! :)

New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! {One Ends Tonight} http://www.peacelovepoop.com

Stacey said...

YUMMMMMMM! My mouth is watering...so hubgry now, fab post and subject ladies : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...