Sunday, July 31, 2011

No longer MIA.

Phew!  What a weekend!  Don't know if you noticed, but I took some time off.  And actually, not just from the blog, either.  I left the kids with my mom for a night while mr was off at boy scout camp and visited my best friend to celebrate her birthday with her!  We haven't been together on a birthday for way too long, and it was awesome!  More details on that later.  Don't tell me if you didn't notice - that would just make me sad.  I'm back now.  And there's lots to do!  First off, Scavenger Hunt Sunday!




Walking Empty Streets
Those are mr's feet.  That is all.
Repeating Patterns
My now beautiful railing that I painted.  And painted.  And painted.
Floor
Confession, this is archived.  BUT The editing is new.  Acceptable?  It's actually one of my favorite shots of bug.  It's from April when we got our new carpet and none of us could stop rolling around on it because it was so much softer than our old stuff.
Then and Now
Well, I had issues with this one, but finally decided on this shot.  It's out on the lake at our close family friend's house.  What's amazing about this place is how much it changed and yet, somehow, still remains the same.  Swings break and rot away, new docks are erected, new hammocks are hung, plants are planted, paths are worn, ponds dry out or are overcome with weeds.  But the green, the calm, the peace will always be the same.  Oh, and that heart bench.  That's always been there.
Fingertips
Aw, I love those fingers.  And the smile.  The eyes.  The hair... the hugs!
And over at Paper Mama, the theme this week is "Yellow."
The Paper Mama

I'm linking this:
Wish she was big enough to really mow.




*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

7 comments:

mommy to many said...

love your finger tips and yellow shot!

Hallie Jo said...

Great pictures! especially the fingertips one. :)

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

I noticed!! I checked your blog! I was like huh...Kim hasn't posted in a few days...

Very happy you're back! And that you had an enjoyable break, that's always a plus!

Ashley Sisk said...

Well I hope you enjoyed your time away...and glad to see you back. I'm loving your first shot!

Donna @ Snowbound said...

Those are great shots!! I really like the fingertips.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Love the yellow shot! Enjoy her being little! They grow up too fast!

Kala said...

very nice photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...