Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A guest with burgers - veggie style!



Well, VF's, today's picnic guest requires absolutely no introduction whatsoever.  Nor do I need to gush over how wonderful her blog is and how it's a must read - though it IS, on both counts.  I feel like I have a celebrity here today and I am just not prepared to do her credit, so I'll just let her speak for herself... without further ado - Jamie, from C.R.A.F.T.!
 
Hi! I'm Jamie...
 

from



I 'm super excited to barge in on Kimberly's lovely blog today and share a recipe for her Life's a Picnic Series!

I call myself a vegetarian with benefits...
basically, I eat what I want...but just don't typically crave meat!

This veggie burger recipe is a staple in my house:

Serving size: 4 patties


1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 cup brown rice
[recently discovered using boil in a bag brown rice is SO much easier!]
1 carrot
2 cloves garlic
6-8 basil leaves
salt
pepper
3TBS sauce in the fridge

1: Cook brown rice.
[One bag of boil in the bag brown rice works perfectly!]
2: Saute garlic and carrots in pan [secret: If I'm feeling lazy...I don't saute and just add it in with the garbanzo beans]
  
 
3: In separate bowl, mush garbanzo beans...


4: Add carrot mixture,chopped basil, salt, pepper to bowl...
 
 5: Add 3 TBS of sauce to bowl. I think I used Drew's last time...but you can use what ever sauce you think tastes good! I was on a BBQ kick for a while!

6: Add brown or white rice to mixture.

7: Make patties...I make mine thin-ish

8: Pour a little olive oil in your pan...and cook patty until brown-ish on both sides. Takes longer than you think!

9: Fix em up how ever  you like and e n j o y :)


a n d

I made these not to long ago... they were super yum and would go great with the burgers.

P.S. Please join C.R.A.F.T. on facebook and twitter... It will be fun, promise :) 


Thank you, Kimberley for letting me be here today :)





I just can't wait to try this out!  I've seen veggie burgers at the grocery store, and none of them ever look this appetizing.  Vegetarianism has never been so appealing to me!  What a great option to have at your next barbeque!  Thanks, Jamie!




*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...