Saturday, July 16, 2011

Swap Meet. With some SPUNK.

Guess what?  I'm swapping blogs today!  This guest is different from the ones we've been having on bugaboo, mini, mr & me because she's not technically part of the "Life's a Picnic!" series... but what did she do??  She came up with something you could TOTALLY use at your next picnic!  (I think she did it inadvertently, but still.  ANYWAY, meet Halsey, from Spunky Junky, one of my favorite blogs.  And go check out my tutorial over on her blog!


Hey! Hey! Bugaboo readers! I am so flattered to be crashing Kim's pad today. Doesn't this chick have some serious skills?! Whether she is sewing, cooking, or crafting she always seems to amaze me!
Kim approached me about doing a blog swap and I was so excited to be in the presence of such a creative genius!
 We decided that with each "swapped" tutorial we would come up with a "secret" ingredient that would be the main focus of our projects.
This week, Kim's "secret ingredients" included: napkins, fabric, and/or paper.
As I began to let the creative juices flow my attention was drawn to a ream of one hundred chinese boxes that I purchased over four years ago.
They were an impulse buy. ;)
I've used a few of the boxes over the years for birthday party favors, christmas gift boxes, and as doggy bags after dinner parties.
However, I think they keep on breeding because I keep finding them stashed in closets and in dark corners around the house.
Photobucket
Now I've started to use them as gift boxes in my farmers market booth.
Photobucket
To design your own gift wrapped chinese boxes you will need:
Crinkle Shred Paper
Stamps and Ink
Chinese Boxes
tulle, fabric scraps, and ribbon
Embellishments of your choice ;)
Photobucket
I first stamped along the box using rubber stamps and my favorite ink pads.
Once the ink dried I then wrapped tulle around the boxes, attaching the tulle to sides using a glue gun.
Then I took ribbon and wrapped it over the top of the tulle.
Once the ribbon was in place I then attached fabric scraps and tickets to the box.
Finally, I wrapped bakers twine around the box to add some spunk to the gift boxes.
Photobucket
Then I placed crinkle shred paper and items from my shop inside each box!
Photobucket
Now surprise that special someone with a great gift that will hopefully last longer than Chinese takeout!
 And don't forget, later this week we will do another swap using my "secret" ingredient!
I will love to get to meet you so stop by and say, "Hi!" at Spunky Junky!
Photobucket
Thanks, Halsey, for such an awesome idea and for swapping with me today!  LOVE chinese boxes as gift boxes, don't you?  I may duplicate these exactly, don't tell, ok?  Now I just have to figure out where to buy me a ream of 100!!  :)





*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...