Sunday, October 17, 2010

so tired... can't go on...

Ugh. what an exhausting week.  I say that every Sunday don't I?  Aren't weekends supposed to be chillaxin' time?  Well, at church I'm part of a three woman show in charge of all the kids and our children's program is coming up.  The kids sing songs and read scriptures and talk about what they've learned all throughout the year and while I love watching these kiddos, I'm about half-crazed trying to write it, practice it, throw together a celebratory bash, and work out all logistics for everyone involved.  Eek!  It gives me just the tiniest thrill, though, because while it isn't a theatrical production by any means, it reminds me of my past theatre work.  Ah, the memories!  What does this have to do with pictures?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  And I had very little to do with pictures this week too.  You'll probably be able to tell the amount of time I devoted to them based on the quality below.  I've got to start setting aside time for photos again!


Here're my Scavenger Hunt Sunday photos.  Go to Ramblings and Photos to see more.


Side lighting
my attempt at a side lit self portrait.  Unfortunately, it just looks a little creepy.

So, because he's more attractive anyway, here's a side light interpretation of bug:



Jack O' lantern
I had to dig in the archives for this one, since we haven't done our pumpkins this year... and for some reason, I can't find last years.  So this is the year before, when it was just me and mr.  he made the football player, and I made the football and hands on my pumpkin.  Then we put his on the top step and mine on the step down.  Frankly, I was surprised it resembled a football player at all.  Can you tell what college team mr. roots for?


faces in nature
Again, unintentional - I thought I was just taking a photo of a pretty cliff.  Imagine my surprise when I saw this face.

What?  You don't see it?  OK:
Unfortunately he has something rather large stuck in his teeth.  What is that?  Broccoli?  Spinach?  How embarrassing.  


sunset 
It isn't the best setting for a sunset picture, but I couldn't resist that glow around the sun.

warm
Several coats in our front closet.  And this is only half of them.  You'd think 10 people live here, but no, it's just the frozen tundra.


And here's my shot at Trendy Treehouse Shutter Love Tuesday.  This week's theme: a story in pictures.  I don't even think I need to caption this one - which is kind of the point.

ShutterLoveTuesdays

What To Do When "There's Nothing To Do"


Last, but not least, the party at Fresh Mommy, Sunday Citar.  I actually missed the cut off for this one, but since I had the photo ready, I decided to post it here anyway.  

















9 comments:

Johanna S said...

Great photos - love your Face in Nature =)
Have a nice week!

Charmaine Poulin said...

I love your sunset & jack o'lantern! And what a mess....is that baby powder???

Ashley Sisk said...

You scavenger hunt photos are great and I like your self portrait. Great find with the face in nature (I sucked at that one)...but I really love your reflection shot there at the end. How sweet! Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

These are great! Love the face in nature pic.

Jill said...

Lovely photos!!! That face is amazing!

Mrs. Fine said...

Well the coats are warm -- I think it's perfect! One can never have too many jackets! ;)

Donene said...

Love your photo's and I was a different face, it was smaller, but it definitely made me look! Thanks for your nice comments!

Christy said...

love your pictures! the faces in nature is awesome and that is the coolest jack o'lantern ever!

Nat said...

I totally see a face. Great job! oh and I really like your blog header.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...