Monday, October 22, 2012

In case you want to pretend you live on the west coast...


I have a west coast recipe for you.  Ok, really, I don't know if this is something they'd actually eat in California, but it seems to jive with the "California" themed items on restaurant menus... the "California burgers" and the "California Clubs" and the "California Chicken Wraps" and such.  So I guess I'm sold.

Have I mentioned I've spent almost my entire life completely landlocked?  I'm a midwest girl, through and through.  We like to pretend we have a connection with the sea - you know, that giant lake right next door and all - but really, we're about as landlubber as you can get.  I've never even visited California...

When it gets really cold, I like to imagine palm trees and sand... it's a mental picture I assume looks exactly like San Diego, but what would I know?  I've never been there...

Anyway, if you want to imagine you're there as well, here's a meal idea for you!

It really is as delicious as it looks.  And probably the easiest chicken you will ever make.  I mean ever.  Do you deal in absolutes?  Because I do.  Yummiest.  Easiest.  (ok, maybe not yummiEST, but right up there, I swear.)


What I like most about this meal (aside from the fact that it combines like four of my favorite foods - and there are only four main ingredients) is that it's pretty light.  You don't really need to serve it with anything - though if you popped it on a whole wheat kaiser roll or bun it would make a delicious little sandwich.  It's browned and then baked, so it's healthy. And it's STILL tasty.  There's no heavy sauce, so it doesn't weigh you down.  And it's STILL tasty!  There's cheese, sure, but it's not CHEDDAR or something equally fatty.  And it's STILL TASTY!  Are picking up what I'm putting down here?

Want to see how easy it is?  You're going to love this, I swear.


Really, honestly, that's all there is to it.  I pinned this a long time ago, and the original is here.  I added some things and did it slightly differently, but it amounts to pretty much the same thing.

If you can find tomatoes and avocados right now that are actually ripe (unlike here) I highly recommend this.  Then you can kick back and imagine the sand in your toes.


You might want to pair it with this.  You're welcome.




*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

1 comment:

Michelle L. said...

I live on the West Coast and I endorse this recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...