Thursday, June 9, 2011

Slime-ade



No, this doesn't really involve slime in any way.  But it DOES involve limes.  And when bug heard me explaining to my family that this delicious concoction was more like limeade than lemonade, he latched onto the misheard phrase.  Thus this has become known as "Slimeade" in our house.  When bug wants some, he asks if he can have some slime.


It looks much more appealing than it sounds.  Here, I'll show you:


Ah!  Refreshing, isn't it???  Would you like to know how to make it?  It's a breeze really.  Here's the recipe, which I originally got from Jackie Sarager, who originally got it from here.  Thanks, Jackie, for this summertime staple!  


Brazilian Lemonade



  • 2 limes
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 cups water
  • ice

  • Wash limes thoroughly. Cut off the ends and slice into eight wedges. Place limes in a blender with the sugar, sweetened condensed milk, water, and ice.  Blend in an electric blender, pulsing 5 times. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove rinds. Serve over ice.



All you do is blend it all together in a blender!  How easy is that?


And, just in case, I've made it into a printable, originally intended to be 4x6, which you can print out at any size - just right click to download.  





This drink has been a hit with EVERYONE we've served it to.  I've talked about it here.  And here.  It's possible I make this weekly.  It looks and tastes like it should be served with a cute little umbrella, and we all know how summery THAT is!

Hope you enjoy this at your next picnic!




*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

16 comments:

Two Shades of Pink said...

That looks AWESOME!

Julia said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

elizabeth said...

I love Brasilian lemonade...it is my FAVORITE summer drink!!!!!

Lisa~~ said...

I need to give this a try, looks yummy.

Sassy Sites! said...

YUMM!!! Thanks for linking up at Sassy Sites for our ffa party! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo!!

-Marni

Jessica said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to try this soon - thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

That looks amazing! I actually just got limes the other day, I'm going to have to give this a try.

I'd love if you linked it up to my Summer Fun party ~ it sounds like the perfect summer treat.

http://cometogetherkids.blogspot.com/2011/05/summer-fun-party.html

Laura @ Come Together Kids

Ali said...

What a funny name. It looks delicious :D I wish I had a blender though. Dang. I don't think a food processor would grind it up like a blender could. I'll bookmark this and save it for when I do. :)

I hopped over here from the Sugar Bee linky party. Have a great week!

Ali said...

Oh, I totally forgot, but if you might like to drop by my blog I am hosting a 'Refreshing Summer Drinks' linky party. I'd love for you to add your favorite Summer drink recipes, if you'd like. :) Take care!

Sassy Sites! said...

I featured this today over at Sassy Sites for our summertime party. I'm excited to try this drink this summer!!

xoxo!

Unknown said...

I'm just stopping back to say I just made up a batch of this limeade and it's AWESOME!!

Thanks so much for posting the recipe.

Laura @ Come Together Kids

Delia said...

I'm giving this a shot today! I have been thinking about it forever! Hope your having a good holiday weekend. :)

Delia said...

Oh and congrats on making second place at one month to win it!

Kim said...

Looks soooo good!! I will definitely have to try it! yum

Jacqueline said...

We were just talking about this exact recipe when I was getting my hair done the other day! Yum.

April said...

I have had request after request to make this after the 1st batch! The kids and adults all love it! It was a huge party hit- multiple times! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...