Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pinterest. Pinterest, pinterest, pinterest.

Have you heard enough about it already?  Have you???  Well guess what.  I'm gonna talk about it too.  So there.


I love Pinterest.  There, I said it.  I do.  I'm hopelessly addicted.  No, I'm not kidding.  It's an illness and no, I am NOT getting help.  You know how everyone's always trying to come up with the next big thing?  Something on par with Facebook and Google, and maybe Twitter (although I don't do that so I'm still in the dark ages and don't even know anything about it so I shouldn't really comment on the experience).  Well, honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Pinterest is it.  Lots of social media tools come and go (can anyone say "My Space?") and we try them out for a while or breeze by them and lose interest.  But Pinterest??  I'll cry if it ever ends.  I will.  That's how much I love it.


I started pinning a few months ago.  I follow a variety of other "pinners" - is that a term?  If it's not it should be.  I get some amazing inspiration and some serious happiness from eye candy of all kinds on other people's boards.  


Like this one: 

for dyeing white buttons that I got originally from Sandy Remijan's board "Tutorials."  YES, DYEING.  Hello??? AWESOME! 


And how about this eye candy I stole from Som Loa, who stole it from Emily Brandt, who stole it from someone else, who stole it from.... blah blah blah, all the way back to Gift Guru.

Isn't it awesome how we can all share ideas and images and loves and it just keeps rippling outward?  I love it.  Or check out THIS pretty image that someone somewhere pinned from someone else's tumblr:


But what I REALLY REALLY REALLY love is that when I like a craft, sewing or DIY tutorial, I no longer have to save it to one of MANY bookmark folders on my computer.  I just click "pin it" on my bookmarks bar and BAM!  It's saved for later use!  The url is right there to click on and go to the original post.  Why is this better than bookmarks?  Because I'm saving a picture, not some random url permalink which may have no identifying characteristics of the project itself.  PLUS, you save them right into categories that you create yourself.  Really nice for later reference.  Really nice for easy scanning.  Really nice in general.  AWESOME, I tell you, AWESOME!  


I've got a board for recipes and kitchen stuff I want to try:


Party ideas for any occasion:


Sewing I want to do:


Crafts and DIY projects to tackle:


Plus more for quotes, home stuffs, photos and art, gift ideas, etc.


I can also put some of my own stuff up there - stuff I'm proud of and don't want to forget - stuff I want my family to have easy access to - etc.  


For your ease, I've compiled a few links here concerning Pinterest that are super helpful.  You're welcome.  


behbehblog posted a thorough explanation of Pinterest, including do's and don'ts.
Stories of A to Z has a Pinterest VIDEO tutorial (cool) and link to an INSTANT INVITE!
Did you know you can see if YOU'VE been pinned anywhere?  You can!  Read about it here on The Speckled Dog.
Luvinthemommyhood talks about getting inspiration from Pinterest and Tumblr.


Do you need an invite?  Let me know!  Do you want to come see me?  Please do!


As if all of that weren't reason enough to jump on the bandwagon, I have just started a board called "Life's a Picnic!"  I'm pinning all sorts of summery, picnicky goodness up there to inspire all of us during my summer long event!
You'll find stuff like this guy from Sun Scholars:


and this pretty little ditty I can't get enough of:

and this cutetastic mini picnic idea from Martha Stewart Weddings:

along with menu ideas!

Speaking of the "Life's a Picnic!" event, have I got some news for you!  Guess how much I love you guys?  A whole summer of guest bloggers worth - that's how much!  Yea!  I started pulling this little series together late in the game - as I do most things - but I was happy, nay ELATED, to find some bloggers whom I ADORE that wanted to help me out!  So, dappled here and there throughout June, July and August, I will have some very creative minds guest posting for me!  You guys are gonna love it.  Just you wait.


Also, speaking of "Life's a Picnic!" don't forget to link up any of your projects, recipes, tips, photography, ideas, poems, DIY's, and whatnots that are remotely picnicky related to the "Life's a Picnic!" linky party!  The only requirement is that you post the button somewhere on your blog (see, I'm not even picky about where, I'm so easy going).  I'd really like to have features on Saturdays of the picnic posts you all are doing, but I can only do that if you guys LINK UP!


Oh, and speaking of LINKING UP (don't you love my transitions in this post?  Stellar, I know) hope on over to the snapshot linky too!  It's the easiest title ever to link up with - "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder."  I know you all have beauty in your life somewhere!  All you have to do is put in a link to a snapshot that shows what beauty is to you and you're golden!


Hm.  Anything I'm forgetting?


Speaking of forgetting... I should probably take some of these dishes up and do a load before they grow fuzz...







*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

2 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

LOVE pinterest!!

Kitty Deschanel said...

Don't you just love Sun Scholars? I don't know how they come up with so many great posts so quickly!
Thanks for the Pinterest heads up. I hadn't heard of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...