Saturday, June 18, 2011

Things that broke this week.


Things that broke this week:

That's MY car.

That's my computer.

That's my child's head.

I would like to thank everyone for their email and concern for poor skinny mini's head.  She has - from the very beginning - acted like nothing even happened.  Shocking for a drama queen of her status, but true.  And for those who are wondering (this is me admitting I am the worst mother ever...) she fell out of a shopping cart.  And yes, I will be belting her in from now on.  I am simply glad she did not end up with a concussion, and only needed two staples.  She seems completely unphased by the whole thing.

I, on the other hand, was quite a mess.  Aside from the fact that the dr.'s in Urgent Care and ER pretty much know us by name at this point, there is  the guilt of knowing it was, really, my fault.  And that whole wanting to protect your children from bad stuff thing.

ANYWAY - I do promise that the giveaway winners will be announced as scheduled exactly one week from the day they all posted.  Other than that, you can probably expect posts to be scarce until the darn computer gets UNbroken. 



*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

6 comments:

Julia said...

I;ve had weeks like that! I'm glad that mini isn't hurt worse. You are not a bad mom. Most of us can tell numerous stories about our children getting hurt when we were right there and could have prevented it, but hey, we are only human and can't predict what these little munchins will do next!

Unknown said...

Hang in there! :)

Delia said...

Reid has fallen out of the cart before too! I hear you on that. Been there. I was just lucky that he landed on his feet. I could be in your shoes right now. I hope you are able to get everything fixed soon!

Michelle J. said...

Oh dear. I hope this week goes MUCH better!

Unknown said...

one of those weeks, eh?
this too shall pass.
trust me, i'm getting really good at saying that.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

hope skinny mini is okay! those staples are NASTY looking!
girlfriend girl split her eyebrow once upon a time, and they closed it with glue. GLUE. elmers? super? gorilla? i'm not quite sure.

Dragonfliez Made said...

I have just turned around to catch a child that was falling out of a cart.
NOT FUN. My son fell on bricks while "helping" daddy. Busted his lip all the way through.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...