Monday, March 5, 2012

More Tasty Sweet Treats

Technically this is not a birthday cake.  And by "technically not" I mean "in no way."


But they are delicious, look beautiful, and are absolutely perfect for a birthday party in March!  (Think green... as in st. patty's... you knew what I meant, right?)


                                                               Source: confessionsofacookbookqueen.com via Kimberly on Pinterest




I saw these gorgeous green marbled creations on pinterest and had to give them a try. 
You can find the recipe on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen along with tips for technique.


I've attempted the "marbling" technique on bars and cakes before to underwhelming results.  But THIS time... THIS time:


Mmmm.  Success!  After we ate them I realized something monumentally awful.


I forgot to add the flour.
And you know what?  It's good I didn't know ahead of time or I probably would have scrapped the whole thing and chalked it up to a fail.


But they weren't.  A fail I mean.  They were delicious.  Think how much better they'd be if you made them right?!?  (They would, for sure, be prettier and easier to get out of the pan... so don't get me wrong.  Next time I'll add the flour...)


Not a cake person?  (who in their right mind isn't a CAKE person???)  Try these bars on your next birthday!  OR throw a St. Patty's Party with these as the central sweet.  Yum!


Otherwise, you could check out the rest of these delectable desserts for your birthday instead.  OR you could check out the ones on the list from last Monday.  They're equally amazing.
Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes (HEAVEN ON A PLATE, people.)
Red Velvet Cookies  ('nuff said.)
Peanut Butter Fluff Pudding Dessert  (It's a mouthful, and I don't just mean the title!)

Peanut Butter Bars (huh.  There seems to be a lot of peanut butter/chocolate.  I guess that's third behind lemon and plain chocolate.)
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries (Perhaps not INSTEAD of birthday cake, but in addition to?  Can you imagine these on little lollipop sticks or small skewers??)

OR, look at last week's yummy post for more ideas!


This list of "Delicious Birthday Sweets to Try" can also be entitled "our absolute favorite desserts to date" AKA "why I've gained 50 pounds since starting this blog" AKA "my own darn fault."



*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...