Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jessica Spins a Yarn



You're in for a treat today, friends!  I know you know I puffy heart Jessica from Two Shades of Pink.  I mean, I've featured her.  And featured her again.  And I had her guest post.  And then guest post again.  Huh.  Maybe I should just ask her to move in... Anyway.  Her blog is beautiful.  Her photos are beautiful.  Her crafts are beautiful.  And she can make yarn BEAUTIFUL.  Don't believe me?  Here are some of my favorite yarn crafts from her blog.
  
In fact, I "met" her last year during Yarn it all! when I featured her leaf mobile.
Alright, enough gushing.  I mean, jeez...

Hey sweet friends!  I'm Jessica and blog over at Two Shades of Pink!  To be honest, I am just now cleaning up the cob webs and silencing the crickets over there after taking a few months off from blogging.  But my need to create has taken over and I'm back to it. I just love all things crafty. And yarn is one of my most favorite, favorite things to work with...yet I don't knit or crochet.  I want to learn but the kids have to eat and the hubs needs a clean pair of pants for every day of the week.  So I improvise by wrapping yarn AROUND stuff. :)

I have been drooling over all the colorful crochet garlands I see out there.  So I decided to make my own version without the awesome crochet skills but still all the pretty. I am excited to share it with all of you!

Here's what you do to start making cute little yarn circles with the help of some paper and glue...








It's pretty easy and quick too!  If you don't have a circle punch just trace and cut a circle with scissors. I suggest using card stock the same color as the yarn in case you have some gaps. Also, I find hot glue to be the easiest to work with since it dries so fast and keeps the yarn from un-spiraling. You just have to  be careful not to burn yourself.  I have worked with hot glue so much I think I no longer possess fingerprints. :) 
Here it is in my Spring Vignette that is still a work in progress. Fun!

Kimberly, you are awesome to once again let me visit here and guest post.  You always have a fun series going on and I love that we both share a love of all things yarn! Thank you to everyone for reading my little tutorial and hope you are a teeny bit inspired to be all about the yarn love too!

Hugs and blessings!


You'll be sorry if you don't go over there right now.  Thanks, Jessica!


AND would you be so kind as to check out Shannon's lovely guest today?  Thanks so much!



















*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

2 comments:

cherished bliss said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! This garland is just adorable! I love using yarn... probably because I have so much of it! : )

I'd love to have you link up at my party, Craft and Tell, every Mon. night - Friday!
http://www.cherishedbliss.com/search/label/Craft%20and%20Tell

Minnesota Mazzio's said...

This is beautiful. I love reading your posts. Thanks for your great blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...