Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sooooo, remember that one picnic thing??



Uh, ha-ha!  (sheepish laugh)  Didn't I promise you a wrap up of our "life's a picnic!" event with features and all?  Like, oh, I don't know, forever ago?  Actually, it was supposed to go up on September 5th - that being Labor Day and all, it seemed like the most appropriate day for a picnic!  But then there was all that craziness with mr's parents coming, and mr's dad's birthday and then my surprise birthday, and, well, you know.


So, the good new is, I'm wrapping it up now!  I couldn't leave you all hanging.  Actually, I couldn't leave myself hanging - I HATE loose ends.  A lot.  And the other good news is, you can still put these ideas to use for a few weeks, right?  Maybe longer depending on where you live! A fall picnic could be considered even better than a summer one, right?  No bees trying to kill you, no crazy insects climbing all over you terrifying your children, no sun beating down on you burning you to a crisp... I'm just trying to look on the bright side, here.  


So today I'd like to point out some amazing projects.  Then tomorrow I'll really wrap things up nicely with a neat little bow.


Our fun "Life's a Picnic!" party got 50 links.  I wish I could feature all 50, but that would be an incredibly long post.  So I'll stick to just a few.  Go check out all of the great ideas.


Tasty Picnic Treats:
1. Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dessert Dip by Fake-It-Frugal
2. Oreo Cookies and Cream Cheesecake from Joyful Baker
3. Corn on the Cob Cupcakes from I'm a Mom Not a Professional
4. Kool-Aid Slurpees from My World Made By Hand

Adorable Picnic Attire:
1. Ants in My Pants from Made it on Monday
2. Polka Dot Dress, found on Mommy by day, Crafter by night
3. Anthro-Inspired Vappu Dress, found on Kristina J
4. Sunshine Sunsuit, by EmmyLou BeeDoo

Picnic Party Inspiration
1. Picnic Party Invites from Two Shades of Pink
(She also has a whole post of fun picnic games, one with cute favors and decor, and another post about the picnic party itself - complete with a lemonade dresser (you HAVE to check it out) and a photobooth.)
2. Patriotic Picnic Decor by Something Created Everyday

Miscellaneous Picnic Mayhem
1. Napkin Holders at My Handcrafted Home
2. Picnic in a vintage suitcase from LaDeeDa Creations




*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

1 comment:

Two Shades of Pink said...

First of all...I had to thank you for all the linky loos to my picnic stuff. You are just a sweetheart and I am so thankful for you and this super fun link party this past summer. I love your wrapped up posts of all the features and ideas. THEY ARE WONDERFUL! You worked so hard putting it together and it was amazing! Thank you for letting me be a part of it!
Hugs my friend!
Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...