Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A birthday present.

Well, this is unusual.  Posts two days in a row??  Maybe I'm getting back in the swing of things finally.  


Well, in continuing with my birthday themed posts which I didn't quite get to last week, I thought I'd show you a birthday present or two I made for El a while back.  I mean, aside from that awesome "30 Sucks" cake.


Have you seen One Yard Wonders?  It came out in 2009.  You can get it on Amazon here.  Anyway, I fell in love with it at when I saw El's, and my mom got it for me.


And I love it.  BUT, um, well... I'd never made anything from it.


So I decided that instead of staring at it as if it were a comic book or something, I'd actually put it to some use.


I made her the strapless tunic:


The instructions were really clear, no pattern needed, and it was an easy tutorial to follow.  I used some vintage fabric from my stash that I inherited from my grandma.  It's cream with dainty pink flowers and I thought it would be perfect for El.


And here she is modeling it for us!


I was particularly pleased with the sides - I'd never sewn slits like this before.




And I didn't follow the dimensions for the belt - I just made it how it looked good.  It is extra long so she can wrap it around twice, OR she can leave it hanging long down the side.


I'd say it was a success!  Woo-hoo!  One project from the checklist down!  There're only about 1000 more to go...)




PS - new to the shop: Check it out!














*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

1 comment:

The Fall Creek Chicken Coop said...

I love that book and have made a few things.. I did the place mats with the pockets and actually got second place with them at the state fair! Instructions are soooo easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...