Monday, January 16, 2012

Short but sweet. Literally.


Ok, ok.  I've got some back story here, but I've decided to skip it today.  Why?  Why, you ask?  Well, for one thing I've got a funeral to attend.  But for another, I know you're only here for the good stuff.  Yes, I mean this:


That's dessert, friends, and it's perfect for this time of year.  Perfect for last month, to be specific, but January will do too.


So, no more ado, here you go.


Pork Chop Casserole
4-6 boneless (uncooked) pork chops
1 C (uncooked) rice
1 C milk
1/2 C water
1 Can cream of mushroom soup


Preheat oven to 350. Cut your pork chops into bite sized pieces.  Mix together the rice, milk, water and soup.  Add the pork chops.  Pour it into a casserole dish.  Bake for about one hour.


Talk about easy.  I just mixed everything up in the casserole dish and didn't even dirty a bowl.  One pan, 5 ingredients.  Seriously.
I got this recipe from my friend Betsy.  I sent out an urgent request on my FB calling for recipes that were cheap and fairly to moderately easy.  This is the first of the responses that we tried out.  And guess what?  It was cheap, easy and tasty.  So I'd say that was a plus.  It probably won't make it into our regular rotation, but perhaps when pork chops are on sale.  By the way, I just noticed that the picture above features three lonely broccoli trees... which looks ridiculous.  I promise I know a serving size of vegetables is more than that.


These pictures were taken with my phone.  Does that explain anything?


Ok, on to what you're really here for.  Da-dada-da!  (that's a fanfare)


Creamy Eggnog Bars
1 17 1/2 ounce package sugar cookie mix
tablespoons all-purpose flour
cup butter
cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
egg yolks
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
cup eggnog
tablespoon rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
teaspoon vanilla
teaspoon ground nutmeg
cup whipping cream (optional)
tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
Macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
Freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg (optional)


Mmmmmmm.... I saw this on pinterest, here, but it's originally from bhg.com.  Now, I am not really a fan of eggnog due to the texture (it's just way too mucus-y to me...) but I really enjoyed the egg nog taste in these bars.  If you are a fan of eggnog, you'll be in heaven.  Trust me.  My mom wanted to eat the whole pan.  (She might have succeeded in that...)





*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

2 comments:

alisamm said...

I might have to try these...I like eggnog!

xXx Miss Aquarius xXx said...

I made the pork chop casserole last evening for dinner and my husband is still raving about it. I made the initial recipe, and while it was pretty good on its own, I added some extra spices to punch up the flavor a bit. I added sliced onions, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash salt-free onion seasoning, Tastefully Simple spinach and herb seasoning, seasoned salt, dill and basil. It was fantastic! I did have to add a little more water because I used extra rice, but I expected that. I will definitely be making this again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...