Sunday, May 1, 2011

The One Where it's Finally Spring.



While we were in Utah for mr's little brother's wedding, I actually got to enjoy some real Spring weather.  It was fabulous.  We stepped off the plane without coats or sweatshirts and the first thing mr and I noticed was how BALMY it was.  Which was hilarious since mr's dad wasted no time telling us what a cold Spring they'd been having...


I snapped some photos there, and then today we were blessed with some wonderful sunshine - and freezing cold wind.  So although it didn't FEEL like Spring, it LOOKED it.  Which helped a bit.  Do you think we may be done with snow now???


I had to use one archived photo for the Sunday Scavenger Hunt.  But I edited it for this hunt, so it counts, right?






Architecture
The temple of the church I attend in Chicago.  It's our closest temple - about 3-4 hours away (depending on which one of us is driving...)
Rimmed With Light
You guys, this is SOOC!  I usually don't like my shots SOOC - I generally touch up at least a little.  But this one - the depth of field, the blurred background, the lighting, the crop... it all turned out just as I wanted it to!  That never happens - so let's say HOORAY! This tree is in front of our house, and it finally has BUDS!
And I couldn't pick just one for this one.  Because mini's just too cute...
She was playing with daddy.  Poor kiddo isn't feeling well.  Again.  Or still?  Whatever.  Look at that bed head.



Toes or Feet
My scaly winter feet have been aching for fresh grass.  They finally got it in Utah.
This is My Favorite...  part of spring.  All the flowers, color, life.
This is in Utah.  We're not quite at this point here.
Shade(s)
There has to be sun for there to be shade... and that's in short supply.  Even in Utah, there wasn't a ton.  But bug found plenty of Easter eggs hidden in shady nooks of the trees in Grandpa and Grandma's backyard.




*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

11 comments:

Cecily R said...

I LOVE your Rimmed With Light!! What a gorgeous tree!

In answer to your question about mine, yes, I did edit it. Probably quite a bit, actually. I say probably because I tweak and un-tweak, add texture and then take it away, then add it again. I do that so often that in the end, I usually have no idea what I did--I just know it's done. It's a weird, probably ridiculous process, but it works for me. :)

P.S. I recognized your architecture immediately (even though I haven't been to that particular temple). :)

scrapinbabygal said...

Wow gorgeous photos!! Love the angle on the church photo and the favorite is so beautiful and full of color!!

have a great day
sabrina

Kat Sloma said...

Lovely rimmed light photos. It's amazing the details that rim light captures, isn't it? I love that sweet messy hair!! Thanks for linking in to Exploring with a Camera.

Crystal said...

Love your interpretations!

Abi said...

Hey, I LOVE your SOOC photo! It's super awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Love the rimmed with light shots!

deb duty said...

Both of your rimmed with light shots are fabulous!

Ashley Sisk said...

Okay - for real, I love them all...especially the temple and your second rimmed with light shot! Beautiful job!

Brooke said...

I am diggin your photos. :D
Your temple shot is amazing... it looks like it is glowing... how did you do that? HDR???

Mindie Hilton said...

I am sorry I have missed out on some of the photo links. I love them but have been so crazy busy this month.
I truly regret missing linking pics of my own.

I have a favor to ask. Please read this post and let me know what you think.


http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/05/rude-arrogant-people-suck-please-read.html#comments

My Captivating Life said...

I love you rimmed with light photo and the edit on the architecture photo is awesome as well! :) Kudos to you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...