In any case, Here's the "tutorial". (I need a category for tutorials that are so easy they can't really be considered tutorials. tuteasials? We'll think on that.)
Here's what you'll need:
I prefer the skinny fabric-y type headbands over the plastic ones with teeth. The teeth stay in better, but mini hates them. You can use whatever kind you want, but you might have to adjust the cutting/sliding described.
2. Fold the rectangle in half.
3. Fold it in half again, so it's really in fourths.
4. Cut one small slit near the middle apex, not the outer edges.
5. Open it up completely and lay the bow shape in the middle - between the two slits.
6. Fold the bow in the middle.
7. Tie the yarn tightly around the fold and secure in a double knot.
8. Jiggle the yarn over a bit from center and locate the two slits which are now bunched together. Slide the headband through the two slits.
9. Move the yarn back into place and adjust the bow so it sits where you want it.
Voila! The best thing about this craft is that the variations are never ending. The embellishments are impermanent so you can make whatever you want and slide it on and off. Wear the headband plain. Wear it with a bunch of felt pieces. Wear it with only one. Group different kinds of embellishments together. Wear the felt pieces off to the side. Or the other side. Or in the center! All different color combos, all different shapes, all different possibilities - and all you really need is ONE headband and some felt!
Oh, yes. The other best thing about it is that it's really cute. And your little will likely think it's pretty fun to model the possibilities.
Oh, wait. The OTHER really best thing about it is that, did I mention? IT'S EASY! A few minutes, done and done!
This might be my new favorite photo of this silly girl. No, I did not tell her to pose. She just decided to get all modely on her own.
Or maybe this is my new favorite. It's more like her normal appearance.
Whichever. Yea for easy holiday embellishments that don't cost me a dime and take no time at all! Woo hoo!