2. This line will be very faint and is only a guideline.
3. Fill in the heart with your gold paint and a small brush.
4. This first coat will have a lot of spotty areas and will have a very soft edge.
5. Here you see where I started to add another coat, and started to sharpen the edge - it's quite a difference.
6. Left shoe = one coat, soft edge. Right shoe = 2 coats, sharper edge.
You'll probably want to do three coats total, but it will depend on the paint you use and the look you're going for. I used outdoor paint on purpose since shoes, you know, go outdoors. Below you can see the progression from one to three coats and the sharpening of the edge of the heart.
With a small brush that has fairly stiff bristles, making a nice, straight, sharp edge shouldn't be too difficult.
Here's the right shoe all done.
Or maybe it's just the girl who's cute.
Check out my other shoes:
Sloppy Joe's Shoes
Glitter Zebra Shoes
Interchangeable shoes and headband