Friday, January 21, 2011

Speaking of presents...

Well, I have an awesome family.  I wanted to share some of the crafty related goodies making their way into our home recently, just to end this crazy Christmas present posting madness right.
First off, mr’s parents got me a ton of good stuff - and they don’t even know it.  Here’re the goods:
Yes!  That’s right!  I finally have a cutting mat and a rotary cutter and an actual pair of fabric scissors.  What was I using before, you ask?  Well, don’t.  You don’t want to know.  (See?  Maybe it isn’t entirely MY fault when things don’t go as planned... I mean, if you don’t have the right tools...)  Anyway... plus a new paper cutter because mine was so old I couldn’t find replacement blades anymore.  Do you see a theme here?  I mean, minus the sewing machine needles.  I just needed those.  I broke 5 making Christmas presents.  Thanks parents!
Then, mr’s sister sent me a “Craft in a bag.”  And here it is:
I am so excited to use this!  I have lots of ideas floating around in my head and the only reason I haven’t done it yet is because I can’t commit.  I have a craft commitment problem.  I always do - be it sewing and fabric related, or crafty - anything that is remotely permanent makes me cringe.  Not that I should be worried, I have a lot of glass I can play with laying around... Well, not LAYING around, I mean, that wouldn’t be safe...

And mr’s brother made some sweet books for the kiddos. He made an alphabet book for mini:





And for bug, he made this.   Looks like an ordinary photo album, yes?


Oh, contraire!  It's actually an AWESOME transportation/geography book.  Someone knew bug was into all things vehicular.

He hand drew all the pages and used pictures of bug I sent him to insert bug into the story.

The basic gist is that bug travels around the world in one day.

bug uses a motorcycle,

a jeep, a helicopter, a camel,

and even a submarine

to see the many wonders of the world, like Mayan temples,

the Eiffel Tower,

the Sphinx, the Great Wall,

and - for all you UT fans - Delicate Arch.

This is one of my favorites:
And here is mr’s favorite:  

He just likes the lamborgini.  mr’s a car nerd.
It’s very clever, and the pen and ink sketches are stellar.  bug loves looking through it.  (I know I don't need to say this, but don't like, steal his original art, you know?)

Also, see these super cute gifts from my BFF, El?  She got the book Socks Appeal (AWESOME BOOK) and made mini an adorable argyle cat:  

Look at the ridiculously cute tail:
And made bug an aquarium, 


with a starfish, two fish, and an octopus all in a little clear tote with pebble patterned contact paper on the bottom.  Hello adorable?  Yes, nice to see you again.

See, I’m surrounded by crafty artsy people.  They should blog for me.  Wait a minute.... that’s a good idea.  (light bulb)



*Be sure to check below for all the fun parties I link to!


 

1 comment:

Alice said...

i love that idea for an alphabet book! and all those handmade presents are darling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...